Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2006 Gs 300

Moe_

Not your usual 21 year old who is into corsa or something.

Just bought a Lexus gs 300 se-l

One owner and full Lexus service history.

I had a few lights come up on dash. Got the codes read error code is p2714. From what I understsand I need a shift lock solenoid D. Any idea where I can get the part from. Lexus have to order it but it's 180 for the part alone but wanted to know if Toyota had it too or another cheaper place

post-52345-0-27548900-1420605838_thumb.j

post-52345-0-73979700-1420605854_thumb.j

post-52345-0-74558500-1420605882_thumb.j

Hi Moe, welcome to the LOC. Nice car!

I've ordered Lexus parts through my local Toyota dealer, and as they're the same company the price is still the same. Unless anyone can offer any different advice you may have no other choice.

if you know the part code then search using the following link which will show which vehicles it is used in:

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/xref

a part is only cheaper at Toyota if it is actually used in a a Toyota vehicle.

Unfortunately the cost of the part isn't going to be the main expense. The cost of stripping down the transmission valve body and replacing the solenoid, along with new transmission fluid would exceed the cost of the part.

I think this is the part number 3524050060

I put the number in that link and it came up on a few cars

if you know the part code then search using the following link which will show which vehicles it is used in:

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/xref

a part is only cheaper at Toyota if it is actually used in a a Toyota vehicle.

Unfortunately the cost of the part isn't going to be the main expense. The cost of stripping down the transmission valve body and replacing the solenoid, along with new transmission fluid would exceed the cost of the part.

It could be worth ringing a Toyota dealer then that doesn't also operation a Lexus dealership seeing as the part is used on a Toyota Land Cruiser - although not exactly a cheap vehicle itself so probably priced similar to Lexus.

Quick question guys

but I'm having a similar situation, car has a gearbox issue not the gearbox itself but a solenoid on it around £230 part alone. When I spoke to the dealer he said car is sold as seen. I have a screen shot of the ad and it says sold with full dealer warranty. Where do I stand with this??

If the car was sold by a trader as a runner, i.e. not as sold for spares/repair then there is no such thing as sold as seen. You have protection from both the Sale of Goods Act and Consumer Protection Regulations.

You should to speak to Citizens advise and/or trading standards who can advise on the best way forward.

Very nice car ! I love those Lexus GS it is not common to see them on the streets and when you drive you feel like you have something unique. Great choice !

Lexus Parts are not the cheapest but try to call a dealer in Hanley, I found that they might be slightly cheaper. When I was going to make a service on my Lex GS300 they quoted me for 690, at Birmingham for the same job they said 890. Dealer at Hanley have a good discounts for Gold Members of Lexus Owners' club.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links