Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2016 Lexus Rx Spied!

The upcoming Lexus RX has recently been spied!

lexus-rx-001_0.jpg?itok=vhDqp7HB
lexus-rx-005_0.jpg?itok=Bb_W7Qoz
lexus-rx-006.jpg?itok=pXxL9Woh

No word on engines or pricing as of yet but its expected to be shown at the Detroit motor show.

Looking at the spy shots, most of the front end is very well camouflaged but it certainly looks similiar to the NX which has just arrived. Wheels seem like they are 18" but been told that wheels up to 20" will be offered to fill that aggressive rear fender.

There also seems to be heavy camouflage around the C-pillar hinting at a statement maybe? Rear seems well camouflaged too with the lights looking similiar to the current RC. It seems to have a big spoiler and look at the size of those exhaust tips!

No spy shots of the interior yet but if its anything like the NX, then there's no doubt that itll be quality! From the colour of the interior and the grill it appears to be a luxury model. F-Sport spec should sharpen things up!

• Like 1

I'd expect some glass in those c-pillars if this really will get a 7-seat option.

Been told the Lexus RX will NOT be a 7 seater. It'll remain a true 5 seater with lots of legroom and a large boot apparently

Do you know where these were taken?

Does not seem big enough to accomodate 7 seats. Also I would expect a 7 seater to have a more upright tailgate.

I wonder if the tailpipes are dummy ones as in other Lexus Hybrid models...

Do you know where these were taken?

Does not seem big enough to accomodate 7 seats. Also I would expect a 7 seater to have a more upright tailgate.

I wonder if the tailpipes are dummy ones as in other Lexus Hybrid models...

Im guessing Germany looking at those speed cameras! Probably been out on the nurburgring or something!

My source - hes sat in the RX, GS-F and 2017 LS in person at a confidential meeting states that the RX will not have 7 seats but will only be a 5 seater. Other features are a standard 13" display, LED headlights akin to the RC-F and a huge spindle grill along with 20" wheels as standard on higher spec models. No words on pricing but he said the interior is a gem!

Those tailpipes are probably on the petrol versions which will be available in the states. Hybrids will probably get a diffuser like the NX300h

I don't understand why they don't do a 7 seater. Its not that tricky and you don't sacrifice much space.

I had a Hyundai Santa Fe before and the 5 and 7 seaters were identical size - the extra 2 seats simply folded down into the floor and you lost a bit of depth in the boot.

Those extra 2 seats is the only thing I miss from my SF - they're small and not hugely comfortable but there are regular times when those seats mean the difference between taking 2 cars or one.

Hyundai sold far more 7 seaters than 5...

For me I'm glad only 5 seats, this continuing trend of cars getting larger and larger is very annoying esp in UK. What they should do is release one of the two larger SUV models(with 7 seats) they do elsewhere here once they do hybrid version to fill the gap.

For me I'm glad only 5 seats, this continuing trend of cars getting larger and larger is very annoying esp in UK. What they should do is release one of the two larger SUV models(with 7 seats) they do elsewhere here once they do hybrid version to fill the gap.

That sounds like a good idea. I am also not in need of 7 seats so for me I find 7 seat vehicles a bit pointless and on the large side! Id go crazy parking it in the supermarket!

The new RX is going to be larger but not by much which is fine by me!

That sounds like a good idea. I am also not in need of 7 seats so for me I find 7 seat vehicles a bit pointless and on the large side! Id go crazy parking it in the supermarket!

The Santa Fe is 8 cm SHORTER than the 450h and almost exactly the same width...

No need for the RX to get bigger or 7 seats when Lexus sell the GX elsewhere

The RX gets bigger with each series. Personally I don't think it needs to be any bigger but there isn't much of a differentiation between it and the NX at the moment. The 7 seater part has been a rumour for a long time now so either that was just wishful thinking or Lexus have changed their mind.

I doubt many people actually need 7 seats, I think the excitement was more around the fact that the boot would obviously be bigger - for the overall size of the vehicle the boot space on the RX hasn't been class leading up until now.

The Santa Fe is 8 cm SHORTER than the 450h and almost exactly the same width...

True but the seats in the back are absolutely tiny!

If you think about the masses who buy the RX in the states, they're children wont fit in rearmost seats looking at the size of them! In which case - all the reviewers will be like "OMG a Lexus which isnt comfortable!! What have the days come to?"

Could it simply be that the batteries take up the space that would normally accomodate the additional 2 seats?

The batteries are under the 2nd row of seats so it wouldnt really matter. There's enough space for extra 2 seats shown by the spare wheel under the boot. Rumour has it that the RX450h is using aluminium for the doors, tailgate and the bonnet to save weight so will weigh the same as the current model even though its bigger.

Another rumour I came across was a slight power bump. Its expected to be putting out 310-320hp with fuel economy rated at a possible 50mpg. Sounds too good to be true personally but we'll see.

Hmmm....don't like the paint job though. :lookaround:

Its a combination of soft lexus paint, poor wash technique and the use of a sponge! Swirls galore!

I guess technically 50 mpg is possible given that the current RX is rated at 45 mpg. If the rumours are true the new RX will use a forth generation hybrid system, and Toyota try and achieve at least a 10% gain between each generation.

Obviously the reality is different. The current RX450h gets no where near 45 mpg for most drivers.

I guess technically 50 mpg is possible given that the current RX is rated at 45 mpg. If the rumours are true the new RX will use a forth generation hybrid system, and Toyota try and achieve at least a 10% gain between each generation.

Obviously the reality is different. The current RX450h gets no where near 45 mpg for most drivers.

It'd be rated at that much - probably obtainable if you have some serious dedication. I managed 42.5mpg on a 12 mile trip just to see the maximum I could achieve. Safe to say I wont be trying that again because it sucks the joy out of driving.

^ Agree with this... the 2016 model will get nowhere near 50mpg but probably closer to what the RX450 was meant to be

If it is using a fourth generation hybrid system, it would probably be rated at 50mpg but of course, it wont achieve that figure unless being uber light on the throttle. I manage 30mpg on a daily basis with normal driving so I guess it'd be getting around 35mpg give or take which would be nice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links