Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking To Buy A Rx400H Se-L & Have A Q's

First of all Hi to everyone as i have only just joined the club!

As title says I'm looking to buy a RX400h SE-L & have been doing my homework on the RX400 range but just have a few questions that I couldnt find answers for.

1. Do all SE-L models come with front & rear park assist or does the reverse camera replace this?

2. Was it 2007 or 2008 that the rear screens were revised?

3. Any one with the later screens find they sometimes get in the way seeing as they extend off the back of the seat?

4. The 11 Speaker system. I had a Toyota Soarer a few years back that had a good sounding stereo for its age. It had an amp & sub. What does the Mark L. system comprise of in terms of speakers/Sub & amps?

5. Does the front head unit read DVD's with MP3's or WMA's burnt on it & would this play via the main speakers whilst the vehicle is in motion.

Any other advise on my future purchase would be much appreciated. Looking to spend around £10k on a 2007-2008 with FSH & as little mileage as pos (although i know its going to be in the region of 90-100k)

Thanks guys & gals & i cant wait to be sitting behind the wheel of a RX400h

1 - No, just the rear view camera. I believe parking sensors were just a dealer accessory rather than a factory option.

4 - The Soarer probably had a Pioneer or Fujitsu-Ten system which would be equivalent to the standard SE audio system. An ML system is a step up in terms of audio quality. The RX ML system is 11 speakers, including a centre dash speaker, and 210 W digital amplifier with DSP sound processing and 7 channels for surround sound. The head unit is essentially the same across the range but with DVD playback. The RX lacks a dedicated sub.

5 - Yes on ML systems 2006 onwards.

Hi,

Colin seems to have answered all but one of the questions regarding the rear screens getting in the way. I own a 2008 RX SE-L with obviously the 'new' rear screens and they cause me no provlems whatsoever. I have two children (3 & 8) who love them and don't cause any access or visibility issues. They only stick out a few inches and follow the contour of the rear of the seats.

Hope that helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links