Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just Test Drove A Isf

Following a car is always easier than being the leader.

2. It's 2 tenths of a second, not 2 thousandths, and when you're in the under 5's bracket, that's not insignificant. Perhaps check out the quarter mile times for a broader perspective. As that reduces the focus of launch grip somewhat.

sorry i meant 2 tenths of a second. thats less than half a cars length if that.. i can understnad if this is F1 racing where mega prize money is at stake for every tenth of a second advantage gained on another racer. but this is not F1 racing nor Nascar..so for IS-F to be only 0.482 seconds behind a car which has 1.2 litre more, 33bhp and 100NM torque advantage proves IS-F is better. there is nothing in it between the C63 AMG and IS-F. this was my point.

I am all for an IS-F also, seriously, with the specification of the C63 you would expect it to be quite a bit better than a IS-F, plus the Lexus is going to be far more reliable down the line.

I do not buy into these people swayed by the general population and brainwashed into German cars, apple i phones etc (own a galaxy note 4 which is about a billion times better than a Iphone 6, but that's another thing). In summary i usually buck the trend and go against the grain.

Lexus IS-F is a fine car, was in Andys one, economy is pretty incredible too considering its a 5 litre.

• Like 1

That's the point Eric.

As far as the best all rounder for performance, economy, running costs, uniqueness, you can't beat the IS-F.

If you tune up the M3 or C63, you have even more risk of something braking. The IS-F can take headers, a good exhaust, and nitrous if you are really serious.

Net result can be in excess of 500HP.

Difference is you don't lose the reliability.

I've had friends with M3's. They all felt they were money pits. Same with the GTR and Porsche Boxter.

• Like 1

As far as the best all rounder for performance, economy, running costs, uniqueness, you can't beat the IS-F.

Well said, that often goes on other Lexus models too (unless you are unlucky and get a "Friday afternoon job").

Boxter is an underpowered slug :lol: Should not even be mentioned in this thread alongside IS-F, M3 and GT-R

The exact discussions are going on with the RC-F and M4. The BM has all the advantage on paper and track but at the end of the day the Lexus comes out as the best around road car. Not to mention in a few years the reliability factor will count to the Lexus as well.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links