Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Old Is-F Is Up For Sale Again!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lexus-is-f-5-0-sprots-automatic-saloon-petrol-4-door-/261741135505?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cf0fcc691

My written off F is back up for sale.

Still trying to sell it with 2 missing exhaust tips and a missing toeing eye cover.

It now has a load of fault lights on too.

No one would buy it would they???

One abused f!!! Can't imagine anyone touching it. Missing tips shows lack of care of the car. Loads of warning lights and as such no idea on cost to repair... Can only assume cost of repair is too great for that owner so more red lights.

It was well used, but well maintaned in my care, so if it had been repaired properly I guess it would have been a good buy. I'm still wondering why the tips are missing, they were missing when it first appeared "repaired". I put the rear bumper on the low loader myself when it was recovered and all the tips were still on the bumper.

If it's been repaired with the same attention to detail as given to the spelling in the ad, no wonder it's a wreck. Would you spend 15k with that man????

I didn't sell it, I had an disagreement with a tree and the tree won.......and then it was written off.

Someone has obviously purchased it and rebuilt it. The Engineer at my insurer told me it needed a shell, but they couldn't buy one.

It's funny, if you search for IS-F on eBay, then set filter to completed sales, you only get two results.

The one being discussed sold for just over £6k, but if you check the sellers feedback, he refused to honour the deal according to the buyer, who left him negative feedback.

The second car was a 2011 and sold for around £20k, but if you read the listing, it's also a write off, though there is only one mention of it being a "right off" in passing.

Can't help wondering if the buyer noticed!

Strange that there are no "normal" completed sales.

why did the OP not fix the car? to say it was wrote off it must have been destroyed, we are not talking a skoda fabia here.

How did it end up back on the road, I thought you cannot get a write off back legally on the road?

why did the OP not fix the car? to say it was wrote off it must have been destroyed, we are not talking a skoda fabia here.

How did it end up back on the road, I thought you cannot get a write off back legally on the road?

C and D are both allowed back after being written off, as they are classed as repairable.

Many lightly damaged cars are written off because of the cost to repair even minor damage on a low value older car.

If someone told me it needed a new shell I wouldn't bother having it repaired either. Just take the insurance money and get another car.

Too right, I've worked on a re-shell, a 78 Cortina, and that was a big enough pain in the backside for me.

The thought of doing the same with a modern, complex car like an IS-F, brings me out in a cold sweat.

I'd be amazed if the electrics were ever right again.

For insurance company it might not turn out to be economical repair at all. But this is clearly not the case for dodgy traders, who buy CAT C&D damaged cars off various auction sites and have them "repaired" in some shady Birmingham garages.. You can imagine the quality of this work.

Someone will proably buy this LS-F for £15 000 and think he's got a deal of his life.

The insurance paid out and I had gap, why would I want to have it back and repair???

I'm shocked it was a D given the engineer told me it was 15k minimum, even if they ordered all the rear panels rather than the shell, and that didn't include and contingency. It must have been sold on for around 8k given the final claim costs.

• 1 month later...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201503171819860/sort/default/radius/1500/quicksearch/true/page/1/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/usedcars/postcode/wv133rs/make/lexus/model/is_f?logcode=p

Now with a dealer, liking the gaffer tape over the front tow hook location! :blink:

Edit: it looks actually like they have edited the photo to hide the missing tow hook cover.

Virtually everything this dealer has on autotrader is cat C or D, shame they are not as honest on their own website!!!

It's not them being honest though, is it?

This is from autotrader, and is quoted below the advert.

Insurance categories

When a seller advertises a vehicle, we use the details sourced from

Motor Insurance Anti-Fraud and Theft Register (MIAFTR), operated by

Insurance Database Services Ltd, to check whether the vehicle is

recorded as having being written off. The write off data is checked at

the time of placing the advert. The write off category indicators are

provided for your assistance, but the presence or absence of an

indicator in an advert, should not be relied upon by you to indicate the

status of a vehicle. You are strongly advised to obtain a full vehicle

history check before making an offer on a vehicle. Auto Trader

Limited, or its data supplier, will not accept liability for any

information provided.

Auto Trader Limited, or its data supplier, will not accept liability for any information provided.

yes I was aware of that thanks

My mistake, I read your post as meaning the dealer had been honest on autotrader, but not on their own site.

Which brings me to another point.

Are traders legally bound to declare cat C, and/or, cat D when advertising?

I thought they were obliged to do so, but on googling the subject, found conflicting opinions.

Anybody know for sure?

Incidentally, any dealer not declaring a recorded car, would be off my shopping list straight away.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links