Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I need to get rid of my horrible P-Zero Rosso's soon, sounds like Goodyear or Michelin are they way to go, any recommendations (apart from Pirelli's)!!!

I value comfort and quiet over racetrack grip.

if comfort and quietness is a priority then you should actually be looking at downsizing your wheel size to 16"s. which allows you room to fit tyres with more sidewall.. any reason for wanting Michelins or Goodyears?

I would have preferred smaller wheels but 17 were on it a std, at least they're not 18's!

As for tyre makes only Dunlop, Mich or Goodyear seem to get below the 70dba level. I'm amazed the Pirrelis havent been better they make suberb motorbike tyres.

without swapping to 16's for a more sidewall on tyres am afraid those tyres wont make much of a difference more so if they are also marketed as performance tyres. the db noise level on the tyre labelling is noise the tyres generate from outside the car and does not correlate to noise heard inside the car. lots of people make the misjudgement in thinking the low db figure on a tyre will mean less noise inside the cabin but this is not the case.

Tryes alone dont make a comfort ride as things like suspension setup does contribute aswell to a cars ride comfort so to improve ride and comfort, you should really be looking to downsize to 16"s and fit touring range tyres like bridgestone Turanza ER300, Yokohama C drive, Avon ZV3 etc and avoid any tyre range with the words Ultra high performance.

For the best grip in my opinion were Yokohama Advan Sports they were brilliant. Avons were fairly decent for the price and out of the premiums the Dunlops gave the quietest ride and I found the Pirelli's more likely to tram line easier in the roads.

I run Dunlop SP Sportmaxx RTs, which are very grippy and quiet. My winter tyres are Pirellis, and noticeably noisier & less grippy in dry / warmish conditions.

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres-245-45-17/?m=1

They are summer tyres though, you didn't state whether you're looking for summer/winter or all-season.

• 4 weeks later...

I run Dunlop SP Sportmaxx RTs, which are very grippy and quiet. My winter tyres are Pirellis, and noticeably noisier & less grippy in dry / warmish conditions.

They are summer tyres though, you didn't state whether you're looking for summer/winter or all-season.

Hi Mouser,

how have you found the wear on these tyres, only I've read some quite mixed reviews with most saying they are excellent tyres, but they wear out quickly in comparison to other tyres.

I understand a lot of what happens to a tyre is down to the car and driver, but most opinions seem to end with some remark about the tyres having a short life.

I have also tried most tyre brands and found the Dunlop to be one of the quieter tyres plus decent grip.

I use dunlops on both my is250 and gs450h.

Carl

My local Lexus appears to be recommending the dunlop as well, quoting me for dunlops when giving me service prices, so they must good.

So, any opinions on the tyres longevity?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links