Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Going To See A Professional Detailed In March

Decided to treat my f to a full detail now it is garaged due to the sale of my motorbike and trailer. Will be getting full paint correction and detail on the exterior, maybe engine bay and also interior detailed. Did some digging on 'detailing world' and was recommended a company/guy called 'http://gleammachine.net'.

His portfolio looks superb and he has worked on some very high end machinery. He would have my car for a week. Seeing him on March for a chat to see what needs to be done and then get it booked in for late April. Quite looking forward to it. I'll keep this thread updated.

Stu

I am having the new car protection done by ultimate finish next to brand hatch in March, have perversely had super guard applied by the dealership so it will be interesting to see if there is any difference

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

I am having the new car protection done by ultimate finish next to brand hatch in March, have perversely had super guard applied by the dealership so it will be interesting to see if there is any difference

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Been thinking about getting them to do my full paint correction in a couple of months. How much are they asking for the new car protection? They don't seem to list prices for their services on their site.

The gleam machine one looks more conprehensibe for similar money. Be interesting to see what they do other than paint. The ultimate finish price is 435 including VAT before selecting a finishing wax which adds up to another 95 to the price.

Adding alloy wheel and glass treatment adds 140 when they look to be included by gleam machine. In fact choosing wax, adding windows and wheels puts you almost at full paint correcrion price of gleam machine!

Stu

The gleam machine one looks more conprehensibe for similar money. Be interesting to see what they do other than paint. The ultimate finish price is 435 including VAT before selecting a finishing wax which adds up to another 95 to the price.

Adding alloy wheel and glass treatment adds 140 when they look to be included by gleam machine. In fact choosing wax, adding windows and wheels puts you almost at full paint correcrion price of gleam machine!

Stu

Cheers Stu....will have to have a look at Gleam machine now. I don't really see the point of the alloy protection from UF...I can do the same thing for a fraction of their cost...same as the glass treatment.

Stu

Cheers Stu....will have to have a look at Gleam machine now. I don't really see the point of the alloy protection from UF...I can do the same thing for a fraction of their cost...same as the glass treatment.

Agreed. Seems more a product sale than a service. Independent detailers use what they deem to be best. Also the guy I am going to see takes 3-5 days to do the work! Madness.

Stu

can't recommend shineonedetail.com highly enough. Well known in the lotus community and if you mention the recommendation came via a seloc (south east lotus owners club) you'll get a discount. He's done my Elise and it looked amazing.

• 1 month later...

I have an old friend called Paul Dalton, his company is miracledetail.co.uk he also has his own brand of wax called Crystal Rock by Swissvax. He does a fantastic job, proper OCD about his work too.

As for the dealer supplied products, keep well clear of them, it's a load of crap.

I bet anyone who details for a living is a bit ocd. Before being a dad I used to spend hours cleaning my cars. Now I rush it in twenty mins and try not to think about the microswirls...

only once a day. lol.

they told me that every time i clean it i could put swirls and scratches in the paint and i should only wash it once every week to ten days, but there is no way i could leave it that long

So are you still getting yours detailed Stu?

Christian at Invisible Touch detailing does great work: http://www.invisibletouchdetailing.co.uk/index.html

He's even done an IS-F in the past. :)

http://www.invisibletouchdetailing.co.uk/showroom/LEXUSISF.html

I'll probably do mine this year. :)

I am yes. Meeting the chap next weekend to find out what is required. Will get the interior done as well.

He has also done an isf in the past :)

Nice. :)

Seems like the drivers seat bolster is a weakness on these?

Be good to see what products they recommend to feed/maintain the leather.

Keep us posted chap. :)

Indeed. Had mine done not too long ago and is already showing signs of wear. The leather is almost too good and soft! Will post result a when the actual detail happens.

Stu

Went to visit Rob today and he is a nice bloke. He recommended a paint correcrtion which if I wash the car carefully will last over a year. He measured the thickness of the paint across all panels and all checked out fine. He then got out a light which replicates sun light to see which pannels were worst effected with swirls. All went well and have the car booked in for June for paint correction and interior details. He will also do a minor engine detial free of charge. I'll update this post again with pics etc once the job is complete.

Stu

Sounds good Stu. :)

Look forward to seeing the results.

Just got my Meguiars G220 random orbital polisher.

The one I brought back from the States didn't do very well! Lol.

Guessing 220V on a 110v machine wasn't ideal! ;)

Now I just need to find some time to use it! ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links