Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

16 Inch Tyres, Any Recommendations?

Desmond

Depends what your needs are. Currently have 16" Dunlop Sp Sport fastresponse on the wife's car. Fuel economy is good, noise is also very good and it sticks to the road pretty well too. The Dunlop sport bluresponse is good too. I think I paid £100 for a pair of dunlop sp sport fastresponse brand new.

Oh and they were in 215/55 r16 size if that helps, Im not too sure on CT size but they'll probably be available

i use dunlop sport maxx rt tyres on my ct the ratings are A-braking C-fuel effiency 67Db road noise

these are the best ratings i found on tyres the conti's and the michelin energy saver were not that good

for fuel efficency and after all you have a hybrid and thats what there about so dont ruin it.

• 1 month later...

I bought the Dunlop Blue Response on the basis that their noise rating was the lowest I could find locally. To be honest they are still not that quiet but the roadholding is good and fuel consumption seems marginally improved. They were nitrogen filled. Not sure how much difference this makes, if any.

I fitted goodyear efficient grip 12 months ago. They wear well, they are said to be economical low rolling resistance ( although I think that the difference between the most efficient and least efficient on the Lexus is quite small in terms of mpg- nothing I can prove, just a feeling) they are also quieter than the standard tyres and their performance is predicable and sure footed. Having driven on ice and snow with them, they aren't winter tyres but I didn't lose traction. However, maybe it is as a result of my particular style of driving that I have to say that the OE Bridgestones delivered quite similar traction results except with just slightly worse wet weather traction on greasy roundabout exits. The really nice thing about the goodyears which outperforms a lot of other tyres is the £69 per tyre price tag.

We also have a Honda insight to which I have recently ( 4 months ago) fitted Dunlops instead of the OE Bridgestones. The Dunlops are not as good as the Bridgestones for economy. I immediately lost an average 2 mpg. Wet weather grip on the Dunlops is much better. Dry weather grip is about the same. Dunlops are a bit more noisey. Can't comment on the Dunlops snow and ice performance since we just haven't had any snow and ice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links