Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Software Update Query

Hello folks,

I took my car into the dealer today to have a couple of warranty issues sorted along with an update to the software.

Whilst I was doing the initial deal on the car, I was constantly told that the software would be "up-to-date". Once again today, I have been told that it is the latest software that is installed.

This is the information that I posted in a previous thread about this particular item and, I was advised by a couple of members that I am indeed 'out-of-date.

Model ID 13LHENCU-BB01

HARD No 86130-53182

NAVIGATION VC03101B

I am hoping that some helpful member could post details of their 'updated software' and show the number that is in place following the update. I can then go back to my dealer and show them what it should be.

Many thanks.

Geoff,

The latest Version that has been launched is F which was launched in December 2014.

Tel

Hi Tel, thank you for this, I was hoping that someone could post the complete number for me so that I can pass it on to the dealer.

Is it possible that it will be VC03101F or is it a completely different number.

I am also wondering if they need to do the updates in sequence, i.e. C, D, E and then F or. if by doing F it encompasses the others anyway.

Thank you for this chaps. What I find disturbing is the fact that I have been told by two people that my software is up-to-date.

I am assuming that at launch, the software would have been version A (possibly) but having been at the dealer as recently as yesterday (Friday) they weren't aware of any updates and that my 'B' version was the latest.

Surely when updates are issued they should be circulated to all dealers so that their technicians can themselves be up-to-date.

I quite agree Geoff, but for some reason they aren't. TBH I've given up at "D" as I'm not experiencing any problems and the infotainment system, nav, etc is doing all that I expect it to do. Actually thats not quite true, the phone favourites list drops which is something to do with the auto update of contacts. I either use the voice control or go to my list of recent calls which tends to have my favourites in there anyway. I'm working on the principle that if it ain't broken (or the bit that is doesn't matter) don't fix it.

Nonetheless, it is puzzling the dealers are behind the curve.

what version is the one owners can download from the portal? It has the filename of 13LHENEU-BB01_0012-3, I'm sure it is one of the early ones so maybe the dealer is just checking that rather than the downloads they can get as a dealer.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links