Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is This A Triple Bummer, Or Just Bad Luck?

Hi all,

bought a CT200h in December 2012, in December 13 a Daff lorry ran into the back of me whilst I was stopped giving way to traffic, at a roundabout near my home. ( new rear door and bumper + fittings).

May 2014, I was near Gorizia on the border with Slovenia, again, I was stopped giving way to traffic at a roundabout. I saw a green Fiat Uno coming up behind me and thought no more of it, then thud! she ran into my rear. (new rear bumper). The woman said that she thought that I had gone, obviously not.

Yesterday was good day for car cleaning, so at 0715 I began to wash, clay, polish/seal and wax my new IS300h. I took delivery at the end of January and it had been washed twice before, now, I wanted to clay it, to give the surface a nice silky smooth finish and remove all the muck from the paintwork. It took until 15.45, but the result was great, if I say it myself. The surface was like glass, gone was the fine sandpaper feel. My old body though was killing me.

This morning at around 08.00 I set of for the big city to do a little work, as if yesterday wasn't enough. After about 10 minutes I arrived at the Milan east toll gate, hell of a queue as usual. I kept to my lane and slowly joined the queue, I watched a dark beemer pull up behind me and thought no more of it, then thud! thaaat's right, he ran into my rear. He said that he wasn't paying attention. I think that his eye was caught by the other lane moving, so decided to join it to gain few meters, but forgot that I was there. It cost him at least an hour. I have now filed my insurance claim against his firm (company car). Oh happy days'.

enjoy the pics.

Regards.

Michael.

post-47562-0-10080900-1426008032_thumb.j

post-47562-0-31469900-1426008047_thumb.j

post-47562-0-09794000-1426008062_thumb.j

post-47562-0-56968800-1426008124_thumb.j

post-47562-0-31441400-1426008140_thumb.j

Sorry to hear of your troubles Michael. I know exactly how you feel, have had three similar experiences way back in the early 70's. All of them were rear enders and all whilst I was stationery! Fortunately I was driving a company car on each occasion.

Two of them drove off before I could challenge them but fortunately I was able to get their registration numbers and they were both caught and prosecuted. The third one owned up on the spot but, such things always leave a sour taste eh!

Hope you don't get any more.

Bad luck indeed. I've just noticed a scrape over my drivers rear wheel arch that some A$$hole has done, it goes too far around to be anything else other than a reversing incident. Not sure when it happened because it's not been that clean for the past month :megaangry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links