Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is 300H Or Is 200T?

I had just about decided to buy the IS 300H when I saw mention in this Forum of the IS 200T. Does anyone have inside knowledge of when the revised model may be available in the UK, the cost and fuel consumption compared to the IS 300H?

I had just about decided to buy the IS 300H when I saw mention in this Forum of the IS 200T. Does anyone have inside knowledge of when the revised model may be available in the UK and the cost and fuel & consumption compared to the IS 300H?

Most likely end of this year or early next year - in fact it may come out as late as June next year. Nothing is absolutely concrete though.

Im estimating here but the NX200T does about 35mpg on a combined cycle whereas the NX300h does 54mpg. The IS300h does a claimed 60mpg on a higher output combination. Bear in mind these are all F-Sport figures.

So all in all, NX300h is 90% as efficient as the IS300h. Therefore I would expect the IS200t to do about 40mpg combined if the power output isnt changed. ExpecT 35-38mpg if power is bumped up to 250+ hp

The IS200t should be pretty expensive to tax though at £199-£225 if you take NX200t prices into account and then expect maybe 1 lower band.

I have a sneaky feeling the IS200t will actually cost more than the IS300h if not the same amount too.

I had just about decided to buy the IS 300H when I saw mention in this Forum of the IS 200T. Does anyone have inside knowledge of when the revised model may be available in the UK, the cost and fuel consumption compared to the IS 300H?

Your not going to get any where near the fuel consumption of the IS300H with a turbo petrol unit. There's a good reason why Lexus have pushed the IS300H, because the vast majority of buyer in the UK pick better economy/lower road tax over a quicker 0-60 time.

The 200t hasn't been announced, so it would be at least 6 months off before you could even order it - if you need a new vehicle now then get the 300h.

It is difficult to know how Lexus will position the IS200t. It may be like the NX and only available as a high end F Sport, or they could release it as a complete replacement for the IS250 with different grade/pricing options. Economy should be better than the IS250 but won't come close to the 300h.

The 250 is going there is no question of that. It is just whether they fully replace it or just have a token replacement.

In the first two months of the year the IS300h has out sold the IS250 11.5:1. The 250 engine is too inefficient in the current marketplace.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links