Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Introducing The 2016 Rx!

Well at least you won't have to stand on one leg to open the "touchless" hatch like Ford have had for the past few years, then again it is handy if both hands are carrying bags..........only handy if you are carrying one bag for the Lexus :winky:

I'm assuming that your arm will work too so hopefully it will be of use when both hands are full. Otherwise it seems a bit redundant, if you have a hand free you can press the tailgate button on the remote or operate the release button.

Oh quite sure any part of your anatomy will work if waved around in the correct place on the car, elbow, head, knee, nose whatever you have free at the time, although if your carrying to heavy bags of shopping it may have to be your nose!

Let's face facts, most people when they have been to the supermarket walk to the car with a trolley laden, your hands are free when your at your car, it's basically a little marketing tool just as keyless entry, keyless ignition etc etc. Not needed but fun to have, mostly.

I think it's perfectly identifiable. The red part of the rear lights are modifications of the RC and the actual shape of the headlights look similiar to the GS. The grill is pretty obvious and the high shoulder line is on all Lexus vehicles. The cuts at the bottom of the doors are similiar to the NX too. I can't see how the rear looks anything like the murano. It might have a floating roof but it hardly looks similiar. Besides, murano isn't available in UK is it?

the 3.5l engine on the hybrid is new with more torque lower down and across the whole rev range. No mention of a 4th gen hybrid system but they hardly mentioned any details. It's also coming with a hand wave tailgate opening system and rear seats are heated now. Rear seat folding is also powered on certain model and F-Sport gets AVS and an active stabiliser as standard. 360 degree panoramic view is new on the RX and the safety system + too which includes pedestrian detection, ACC, automatic high beams and unintended lane change notification. A full opening panoramic sunroof is also available now.

There'll probably be more but they kept it very short in New York

I agree the rear lights are red like on an Rc & the grille is pretty obvious, & the Nx has similar lines on the doors but they aren't overdone on the Nx, rear quarters (the bit behind the back doors) are almost identical to the murano including the pointless wavey little windows, I'm not sure if they are available in the uk but I won't be buying one, it's just a re-hash of the the old one.

I honestly think the styling is a knee jerk reaction, someone put the new Nx next to an Rx & realized they had to do something about the Rx pretty sharpish & rushed this one out ... it would be nice to see some new tech like changing the nickel metal hydride batteries for Altairnano lithium-titanate ones & installing solar roofs ... but maybe they'll just make sunroofs an option on all models instead of a standard & claw a few more quid in ...

I think it's perfectly identifiable. The red part of the rear lights are modifications of the RC and the actual shape of the headlights look similiar to the GS. The grill is pretty obvious and the high shoulder line is on all Lexus vehicles. The cuts at the bottom of the doors are similiar to the NX too. I can't see how the rear looks anything like the murano. It might have a floating roof but it hardly looks similiar. Besides, murano isn't available in UK is it?

the 3.5l engine on the hybrid is new with more torque lower down and across the whole rev range. No mention of a 4th gen hybrid system but they hardly mentioned any details. It's also coming with a hand wave tailgate opening system and rear seats are heated now. Rear seat folding is also powered on certain model and F-Sport gets AVS and an active stabiliser as standard. 360 degree panoramic view is new on the RX and the safety system + too which includes pedestrian detection, ACC, automatic high beams and unintended lane change notification. A full opening panoramic sunroof is also available now.

There'll probably be more but they kept it very short in New York

I agree the rear lights are red like on an Rc & the grille is pretty obvious, & the Nx has similar lines on the doors but they aren't overdone on the Nx, rear quarters (the bit behind the back doors) are almost identical to the murano including the pointless wavey little windows, I'm not sure if they are available in the uk but I won't be buying one, it's just a re-hash of the the old one.

I honestly think the styling is a knee jerk reaction, someone put the new Nx next to an Rx & realized they had to do something about the Rx pretty sharpish & rushed this one out ... it would be nice to see some new tech like changing the nickel metal hydride batteries for Altairnano lithium-titanate ones & installing solar roofs ... but maybe they'll just make sunroofs an option on all models instead of a standard & claw a few more quid in ...

I dont think Toyota/Lexus have used lithium ion in any of their vehicles.

Mark Templin did say that Lithium Ion dont give enough positive return and theyre researching the next gen of batteries whatever that means

I see they've reverted to a thumb operated 'enter' key for the mouse pointer rather than the current press the mouse to enter effort.

I prefer the deeply recesed screen on the current models. No sun reflections.

I see they've reverted to a thumb operated 'enter' key for the mouse pointer rather than the current press the mouse to enter effort.

Yep, there is also a dedicated back button. It makes it much easier to use as you just point and cpick enter.

I prefer the deeply recesed screen on the current models. No sun reflections.

• 2 months later...

It also appears that the younger audience tend to like these futuristic designs and the older folk keep complaining so I can definitely see sales growing, especially in the States.

I have to say, I think the new RX looks fantastic, especially the F Sport in white with red leather - and I'm seriously old :D

front grille looks awful, thank goodness that the UK requires a front number plate to break it up.

I can't figure out why the front grille that looks like bilateral complete cleft palate sells cars.

Wish they would change it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links