Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance.

teabelly

Hi.

I'm looking at buying a soarer v8. What are the recommended insurance companies to use? I am new to the world of japanese imports so is there anything I should be aware of? All I know about the car so far is that it is a dark green, has been a company car and has 220k km on the clock!

Thanks.

Teabelly.

LOC have own insurance scheme, which is very import / modified friendly - there are quite a few of us on here who have had really good prices from them.

Details here (for existing gold members)

it is only available to gold members, which is a £25 annual subscription.

Gold membership is compulsory for membership of the scheme - if you want the contact details, pm me and I'll tell you the 'phone number etc - you can get a quote without going gold - but you will need to be a gold member if you want to take up the quote.

• 2 weeks later...

A V8 with 220K on the clock for £2,300 - cheapest I've ever heard of. I did look at a TT with 120K on the clock for £2,995 but it was an utter dog. No brakes, poor bodywork and a totally sh..... engine. I considered it as a project, but the guys here wisely warned me off it. (I'm not saying the one you saw was a bag of nails).

The price of these cars is always interesting. There's a 94(L) V8 up for sale for £9,495 trade - I'd guess he's trying it on? Would have thought the car would have to have low mileage, a full history and be totally mint throughout to fetch that? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

£2300 its going to be a piece of junk most likely, let him keep it!

Thing is with these cars is if you don't get a well kept one it will cost you upwards of £2k in the first year alone!

£9495 even at trade prices is excessive. For that money aim for the later VVTi models circa 1996-1998. I would pay maximum 5500 for a decent nick 1994 V8.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried a few and here are the results, We went for liverpool victoria as they asked the least questions

Osbourne 0871 222 8247==============£595------------300excess

Adrian Flux 0870 0777 888============£616+10-----

A-Plan 0845 071 1234

Dorset 01202 302 888

Footman James 0121 561 6250

Lancaster 01480 484 848

Liverpool Victoria 0800 587 6557=========£623.37 protected excess 400…

Warwick Davis 0800 970 74 74

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links