Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just like to pass on my experience at Toyota Dealership

I had been contemplating a fluid change as my car as now reached 85kand have read around this mileage the solonoids can get lazy with old fluid maybe an alarmist knee jerk reaction but i contacted lexus said yes we can change it around 200.

I thought as the toyota garage is only 2 miles from me ill contact them their answer was of course we can change it 69.99 fixed price so i gave them go ahead but when i got there said would be 2 hour job

The tech brought me a little phial of the fluid and it was as black as coal he said certainly wanted changing any way job is done and car seems to change gear really seamlessly ill not say its a vast improvement but there is a difference in how it changes gear kickdown seems crisper

Robert

Me too! At that price you can't go wrong,the last time I did mine it cost £120.00 in fluid alone and I DIYd it.

May I ask which dealer it was in Yorkshire as I'm not far from the county.

Colin i too thought that was the case but the tech said the converter cant be drained

they charged me for 3 litres of fluid

Correct, it cannot be drain easily without a flushing machine or using some tricks.

My point is that you probably want to do a similar drain and refill a couple more times if the the fluid is in bad condition, you probably haven't diluted the original fluid that much with just a single drain. If the old fluid is still 'good enough' then a drain/refill every 20k miles is a good way to maintain the health of the transmission.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links