Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beeping Sound From Boot

Rob2

Hi, new to the website. Appears to be a lot of info. here ... except possibly the thing I want to know about just now. I'm sure some one will have discussed this before, but having done a few searches I can't see it mentioned anywhere.

Had my IS 200 for 3 years now and still enjoying it. No major problems to report of although lately I've noticed a beeping sound coming from the boot area everytime I unlock the car (or boot) from the remote.

Lasts about 5 - 10 seconds. Started about a week ago. Doesn't appear to affect anything else.

Was just wondering if anyone knew why it suddenly started doing this, and if there is a way to switch it off?

Thanks for that. Just checked Battery charge and the instruments on the dashboard is showing 11V (should it be 12?). How long are the batteries supposed to last anyway? As far as I know, mine hasn't been replaced since new. The car is 4.5 years old and has done 50K miles. Will keep an eye on the charge.

Won't be the battery causing it then, the alarm also bleeps when there is a door ajar or boot or bonnet open.

if they arn't then it could be a faulty door switch somewhere

mine doesnt do that and mine is sort of the same age as rob2's - when did they bring this feature in????

if a door is open/ajar then it simply wont lock, until the door is closed.

how many other members cars beep when a door isnt shut properly????

The alarm siren is behind the drivers side boot panel next to the fuel filler neck.

It has its own Battery back-up feature to comply with Thatcham catagory 1 criteria.

If the batteries inside the siren run down, it'll start to bleep.

(sound like a faulty siren to me ! )

Yep, my fault. It read 11V when I had the keys in the ignition but hadn't actually started the engine.

I noticed when driving home last night that it was reading a much healthier 13V.

The local Lexus garage are going to check it out tomorrow so I'll let you know what they come up with, and more importantly how much it'll cost to fix!

Just got of the phone with the Lexus garage and, as Duncan suggests, the siren itself is faulty in the alarm i.e. the alarm unit would still be activated if some one was to break in, just no one would be able to hear it!

Lexus in Aberdeen have quoted £200 for the replacement unit and £166 for fitting it. This includes VAT. Ouch!

I haven't agreed to anything yet, although I will probably get it replaced. They don't have it in stock just now so it gives me some time to think about it.

Can't complain too much, I've had the car for more than 3 years and this is the first time something has gone wrong. Even now, I can still drive it without needing the job done.

> I bet it's only faulty batteries in there worth about £20.

Well, exactly.

The receptionist said the job would only take 1.5 hours. Does this mean mechanics make approx. £100 an hour?! (I bet they don't see much of it)

I'm in the wrong job me ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links