Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Satnav Error "check Cd"

I have the dreaded "open door" "check CD" message on the SatNav screen. I have tried cleaning both the data CD and the machine (with one of those CD cleaning disks) to no avail. The car is on a W plate (5.5 yrs old)

I have seen lots of threads on this problem, but not sure if anyone has solved it without spending a fortune at Lexus service. If it is not fixable (relatively cheaply) then has anyone found how to tap into the wiring so that a video signal could be played to the screen....it would be nice to find some use for the satnav screen!!

Thanks!!

V

Lexus Service tried another up-to-date CD disc....Did not work!. They want £1,450 for CD unit replacement and new disc.

I have sucessfully bid for a toyota Cd unit on eBay for £50 so will try installing the mechanism in the Lexus unit as Nick-t-g did when it arrives and see if it works. For those interested, I will keep you posted....

V

CD-MECHANISM REPLACEMENT SUCCESS !!!!

Okay. I got the eBay Toyota CD unit today. These are the TNS200 units in a square granite coloured box.

I removed the casing (about six small cross-head screws) to reveal the printed cct board and CD mechanism.

4 more small screws are all that holds this part in. (as described by nick-t-g). Then remove the ribbon cable from it's socket. (i took the CD end out)

The complete Lexus unit is a silver metal case and looks completely different to the square grey Toyota one...but as Nick says, it does have the same Toyota sticker on it. Two bits of metal case need to be removed including the black CD door.

This reveals the CD mechanism which is IDENTICAL to the Toyota one and has the same part number stamped on it. Replace the units (with the 4 screws and refit the ribbon cable)

Job done!!...It works!

Total cost £50

A massive saving over what Lexus wanted to charge.

A BIG thanks to NICK-THE-GREEK and zboss7, from this Forum for the info leading to this fix. They deserve all the credit here.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=22458

V

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links