Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Its Alive! Its Alive!

GALLA_4

After a long wait to install the charger she finally went in on Friday night! My *** what a difference! Took some pictures throughout the install! Big Big thank you to The Don for helping me out! We started at 6pm friday night and worked the whole way through the night finishing at 9am assisted by our liquid friend RedBull!!

18:00HRS Naturally Aspirated

PA140004.jpg

19:00HRS

PA140009.jpg

PA140007.jpg

Yes Chris its a Silicon hose!

PA140011.jpg

Custom Induction Pipe

PA140016.jpg

PA140013.jpg

PA140014.jpg

01:00HRS Quick Power Nap

PA140024.jpg

PA140020.jpg

I'm not doing anything but it looks good!

PA150031.jpg

d4b05f30.jpg

02:00HRS Whose that handsome bloke on the left!

PA140025.jpg

PA150034.jpg

SAT 09:00 Lack of sleep and a blunt hacksaw blade later and heres the result! :D

PA150048.jpg

Very nice install there boys, how is Chris getting on with the shoulder problem?

So what do you think pal, have you given her a good ragging yet?

Bet you're in shock and awe like this lot now

shocked.jpg

Looks like you all had fun anyway, same mod to the front bumper as Zee has on his car, that's getting popular now :lol:

Might be worth having a word with Thom as the intercooler is very exposed - don't get me wrong mine has been for the last year as well but I had the bottom of the bumper to stop anything going straight up into it so just be careful pal :)

Congratulations and welcome to the SC club - seems like it's one in one out lately :lol:

BTW, how does your induction pipe sound - does it sound the same as the TDI / Prolex one's?

have to say it was a long long 2 days for me!

4am Friday - get up to catch flight from gatwick with tool kit etc

9am - 6pm friday - drive round to find all parts needed to compliment the install.

6pm - 2am - instal supercharger and perfect induction kit + change spark plugs -

2am - 6am - make many small changes to bumper to make it fit round intercooler with blunt hacksaw

6am - 9am - give up and decide to just cut the bloody thing off! then make good!

9pm saturday - finaly get some sleep!

a good 40hrs awake but it was all worth it to see owens face when he first heard it start up!

Fantastic to hear, you'll be having plenty of fun over there Owen, sounds like GRiM isn't the only noisy Irishman over there now then :P

One thing I've found is that when I pull up at traffic lights and move forward very slowly due to the amount of noise that is made it makes chavs think that the lights have turned green and they shoot through - I've seen that twice just this week - crazy stuff - guess it's one way to get rid of them :lol:

Oh, and here's a good thread for you to look at in case you ever get any problems - my cradle snapped within the first few weeks :lol:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...charger++cradle

why didnt the IC fit around the bumper without cutting it out??

the fibreglass was very thick, and the was very difficult to slowly remove enough at a time with a blunt hacksaw.

it kept pushing it out further and further to the point that the origional arch mounting points were completely out of line.

Brought the car to a show this afternoon for a laugh and ended up winning an excellent Pioneer headunit for the "Best Jap Car" category.The interest around the car was unreal and when they heard it the whole show stopped and looked around! I cant stop smiling!!!!!!!

PA160002.jpg

all you need to make sure now is that you get your kit supplier to sort you out with the "revised" spring as the one you have has a tendancy to break.. as mine did!

Nice one fellas :D

Well done Owen on going through the s/c route. You wont regret it mate, one of the best mods you can get. So much fun and its how the IS 200 should have been in the first place :D  :driving:

Thanks Addie!

The SC is only in a day and its already won me a trophy and headunit!

Should I contact TTE or Prolex about the Spring?

Is it easy for me to put it in?

ya can fly me over again if you want me to fit it!! lol

although it will definately leave us time to go to the pub

the spring is really easy to do, in real world time it takes about 10 mins if u have all the tools there - u will need a few spanners and pliers.

best to contact TTE they will send u one out for free - i have heard of some people charging for this, same goes for the clutch kit if u use the standard airbox

the spring is really easy to do, in real world time it takes about 10 mins if u have all the tools there - u will need a few spanners and pliers.

best to contact TTE they will send u one out for free - i have heard of some people charging for this, same goes for the clutch kit if u use the standard airbox

I think the first time around Rob I dealt with Florian and paid something like 7 pounds to cover express shipping to the UK, second time around it was free :)

TTE are a very good company to deal with :D

I think SteveAudioX ran both springs on his, the old format and the new mouse trap format spring, read somewhere it puts more load on the clutch servo or something but I ran both for a while and it was noticably better like that!

Will you bring an engine cover and cooling panel if I do?

:) :) :) yes yes yes yes yes yes :) :) :)

I don't think you should go Chris as you'll turn into a not so handsome version of me :lol: :P

Owen's car is going to win allsorts with these extra bling mods as well :D

Will you bring an engine cover and cooling panel if I do?

:) :) :) yes yes yes yes yes yes :) :) :)

I don't think you should go Chris as you'll turn into a not so handsome version of me :lol: :P

Owen's car is going to win allsorts with these extra bling mods as well :D

nah aido, i am gonna be getting ooooooohhh so sexy on a pure alcohol diet, seeing as there is no nutrition in it i will be skinny in no time!

anyway, there will be more of me to love!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links