Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Aux In / Ipod For Mk2 Gs

Has anyone been looking for an AUX in solution for the MK2 98-00 GS (NAVI and non NAVI) as long as i have?

I may now have the means to construct such a device, interested to know if anyone else might want one too, economics of scale and all that...

Daniel.

Has anyone been looking for an AUX in solution for the MK2 98-00 GS (NAVI and non NAVI) as long as i have?

I may now have the means to construct such a device, interested to know if anyone else might want one too, economics of scale and all that...

Daniel.

Any idea whether this would work on a MK4 LS400?

KEITH

Any idea whether this would work on a MK4 LS400?

KEITH

I'll be doing the development work on my MK2 GS, but i will be aiming to support all the 98-00 systems that the companies developing these products are ignoring.

There is a caveat, i'm fairly sure (will know once my prototype hardware arrives in a couple of weeks) that the earlier audio systems only support one device, so it will mean loosing the use of the cd changer.

Daniel.

Just as a little note - the New GS does not have AUX in by default either... (not sure about the MM addition)

Not MP3 capability!!!

I think Lexus need to do better in this regard, however the guys at Viastech do great working adding these things to Lexus' with second generation and later audio systems.

They just aren't interested in supporting earlier cars, hence i'm having to do it myself....

Just as a little note - the New GS does not have AUX in by default either... (not sure about the MM addition)

Not MP3 capability!!!

I think Lexus need to do better in this regard, however the guys at Viastech do great working adding these things to Lexus' with second generation and later audio systems.

They just aren't interested in supporting earlier cars, hence i'm having to do it myself....

Unfortunately its a bit of a timing thing.

From about when the New IS was released, a lot of standard Toyota/Lexus cars all come with AUX in, many with MP3 (e.g. new Prius, Yaris, IS).

The new GS was, well, too new! lol :lol:

I'll be doing the development work on my MK2 GS, but i will be aiming to support all the 98-00 systems that the companies developing these products are ignoring.

There is a caveat, i'm fairly sure (will know once my prototype hardware arrives in a couple of weeks) that the earlier audio systems only support one device, so it will mean loosing the use of the cd changer.

Daniel.

That's fine. Keep me up to date, I'm very interested.

KEITH

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links