Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water In My Boot Wheel Arch...

:unsure:

I'm quite worried now actually, when I bought my IS200 Sport (52 plate) as I inspected it, I discovered water in the left wheel arch under the jack... there was quite a bit and I don't think the previous owner knew about this.

As I was cleaning up this morning, I discovered that water had got in again... :angry: I know I have washed the car, but it hasn't rained a lot recently either... nor have I been driving in the wet a lot... can't think how it got there...

I took the jack out and felt for the air hole with a flap just above the arch on the inside... its not coming from there is it; because the right side is absolutely fine...

I have posted some pics underneath... Please help as I don't want this to become a long term problem... its causing corrosion and little rust areas... SOS... :crybaby:

dsc00022lx3.jpg

dsc00023sy0.jpg

dsc00024rq6.jpg

dsc00025ln5.jpg

The right wheel arch is fine...

dsc00026gd1.jpg

Take it to your local dealer, failing that email your pictures to Lexus GB! (That's assuming your car hasn't been involved in any type of accident to date).

Do you think I can take it in on a Sunday or does it have to be when their work shop is open...

the sunroof rear drain tube may have become blocked or dislodged, remove the inner trim and check all around the tube, and where it exits, also, in the mean time remove the rubber bung thats in the bottom, it will allow the water to drain out

the sunroof rear drain tube may have become blocked or dislodged, remove the inner trim and check all around the tube, and where it exits, also, in the mean time remove the rubber bung thats in the bottom, it will allow the water to drain out

Wow, I didn't know the sun roof would have a rain tube... I thought the rain just runs off the roof... how does the sun roof have a rain tube... and where exactly will I find this please (pardon my ignorance)...?

If I remove the rubber bung, where will the water drain out to... I hope I don't cause a problem elsewhere...

I will have another investigation tomorrow during daylight hours. Thanks

Aha... There is a tube like thing also in the picture (black), its not that one is it... because there is not one like that on the other side...?

I am assuming that I should remove the left side lining around the arch?

I will remove the bung tomorrow; but this leaves me with the question, how will I find that this tube is blocked and if this is the problem...?

Thanks (Monster-Mat)

Take it to your local dealer, failing that email your pictures to Lexus GB! (That's assuming your car hasn't been involved in any type of accident to date).

Do you think I can take it in on a Sunday or does it have to be when their work shop is open...

It would be better to take it when the work shop is open so the technicians can have a look for you.

open the sunroof, with the car on a slop to the rear, run a kettle of hot water into the black tray that sits either side of the sunroof opening, this will cause the water to run into the drain tubes at the rear.

you will know if they are working or not, as water will, or maybe in this case, will not exit from behind the rear wheel.

at this point leave the little black bung in the rear quarter pockets, as if the hose is disconnected , then the water will collect in the pockets

open the sunroof, with the car on a slop to the rear, run a kettle of hot water into the black tray that sits either side of the sunroof opening, this will cause the water to run into the drain tubes at the rear.

you will know if they are working or not, as water will, or maybe in this case, will not exit from behind the rear wheel.

at this point leave the little black bung in the rear quarter pockets, as if the hose is disconnected , then the water will collect in the pockets

Great advice, I shall have to try this next week as I am at work during all hours of daylight all week and get home after dark...

excuse my ignorance young man, but why hot water ?? :blink:

Fill pipe with hot water ,leave the bung in and it acts like like a nice sauna softening and loosening all the crud.

no, the bung is in the bottom of the quarter pocket, remove that to allow any water that has collected....out

hot water in the pipes, removes any material build up the sunroof drain exits the car behind the rear wheels

Have exactly the same problem with water gathering here, also

on the left while the right side is dry.

I dont have a sunroof so i doubt its that, my guess is that its either

a bad seal on the rear window or could be petrol cap like somebody else

said...very hard to tell with water leaks though,

i havent solved it yet- so any

ideas welcome!

Have exactly the same problem with water gathering here, also

on the left while the right side is dry.

I dont have a sunroof so i doubt its that, my guess is that its either

a bad seal on the rear window or could be petrol cap like somebody else

said...very hard to tell with water leaks though,

i havent solved it yet- so any

ideas welcome!

hmm.... both on the left hand side, and this guy doesn't have a sunroof, so my bet's on it being the filler cap.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links