Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Diy Vallet And Detail

Hi guys,

I dont know how many people saw but posted in the car care and detailing section about me thinking about getting a Paint correction and full detail done on my IS200. I thought as i have almost every product Meguairs make i really should put them to use, save myself some money and enjoy a nice sunny day............so i did!!!! :blush:

8 and a half hours, a can of red bull and a can of relentless later and i managed to get all this done:

- Full Wash

- clay and speed detail

- Scratch-x and buff

- Full wax and polish and final buff

- Polished the exhaust tip

- Glass cleaned inside and out

- Removed all wheels

- Cleaned and waxed each wheel inside and out

- Cleaned arches and suspension arms

- Cleaned brakes and calipers

- Hoovered inside

- Cleaned and conditioned the leather seats

- cleaned dash.

And heres the result............was dark by the time i finished but shows the shine well!!!!..................What you think???

I had bought Silvertech side repeater bulbs but the dam casings have the orange bit in not the bulbs...............considering trying to get the orange bit out so i can fit the bulbs in...

Also got some LED lights for my number plate but was too dark to see what i was doing to try and fit them so will do that when i get some new plates!!

P1020298.jpg

P1020270.jpg

P1020269.jpg

P1020266.jpg

And some arty long distance ones

P1020277.jpg

P1020278.jpg

Cheers guys and yeah i'll bust out the camera and get some more snaps tomorrow when its not so dark!!! Will hopefully get the number plates and number plate lights done!!

Might finish it off and clean under the bonnet too as thats the only place thats left now!!!! lol.........Its a weekend mission to get the car gleaming and pleased so far just feeling shattered!!! Its a well deserved Corona sitting next to me, me thinks!!!!

:lol:

Looking great in those pics...well worth the extra effort, nice one!!

You need LS430 side indicators, no orange bits, come up every now and then on EvilBay..... or seen others NOT OEM parts on EvilBay........then you can use your Silvertec bulbs. I did mine awhile back and it looks so much better.

Keith

I did the wash, clay, scratch-x and application of polish by hand and used a buffer to remove the wax and buff it up as i always find i get some streaky marks by hand and it worked really well!!! It was a £30 buffer from Halfords!!!

So the majority was by hand it was just the final step which i used a buffer for!

Thanks for the comments guys and yeah feel very proud of my handy work as it was a day well spent and pleased i saved a few hundred pounds!!!

What do people use to clean their engine bay?!?!?

I did the wash, clay, scratch-x and application of polish by hand and used a buffer to remove the wax and buff it up as i always find i get some streaky marks by hand and it worked really well!!! It was a £30 buffer from Halfords!!!

So the majority was by hand it was just the final step which i used a buffer for!

Thanks for the comments guys and yeah feel very proud of my handy work as it was a day well spent and pleased i saved a few hundred pounds!!!

What do people use to clean their engine bay?!?!?

I use spray tyre foam on mine which seems to give quite a nice shine, spray it on all over a warm engine leave for a few min's then wipe of the excess and if you want it to sparkle a bit more spray a light coat of back to black over the top once the tyre foam is dry and wipe over, just remember to wipe the spray of any body work that the spray settles on :D

Here's a pic of mine after i did it at JAE B)

myenginebay3.jpg

:D

Cheers Aztec that engine looks clean as!!! Really impressive.............think i will spend some time on that one day after work if i get a chance......

Am planning on getting the number plate LED's in too so should hopefully have that sorted tonight!!! =]

Just hope their bright enough if not have to get some some other ones!!

Cheers Aztec that engine looks clean as!!! Really impressive.............think i will spend some time on that one day after work if i get a chance......

Am planning on getting the number plate LED's in too so should hopefully have that sorted tonight!!! =]

Just hope their bright enough if not have to get some some other ones!!

Shame your not closer mate, i'd pop round and do it for you :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links