Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member collected 3rd ISF on Thursday

Evening all.

collected my third ISF on Thursday and thought it was about time I registered on a Forum.

Often frequent PH, but would like to be involved in some ISF specific chat.

Had my first taste of what ISF has to offer in the shape of a '58 Messa Red car with 16k miles back in 2012. Took the car in p/x, ran it for a few months and fell in love with just how complete a package it offered.  A year later, purchased a '58 Pearl white car with 46k which I ran for two years up to 67k replacing only a set of tyres and running it through two services. I stupidly sold the car in Nov last year and hankered after another since.

Looking through the usual places, I was drawn toward another early Pearl White car offered with low mileage and full history. After a little negotiations I left a deposit and headed to Cairnryan to collect what I hoped to be ISF no3. Unfortunately the car wasn't for me for one reason and another and passed on the car, leaving the owner/owners with the despot to cover their ferry costs. The hunt continued....

Realising the errors of my ways, and giving a thought to the old adage 'cars are cheap for a reason' & 'you only get what you paid for', the budget was upped by a fair margin & set my sights on a newer LSD car. I wasn't disappointed.

The hunt ended with a lovely '60 mid facelift car with LSD and newer Media. I would have liked the centre tacho and LEDS, but in all honesty wouldn't spend the extra ££££ for them. 

Its Ultra Blue with White which is my favourite combo, has a lovely mileage (22k) and came with all the right credentials (flsh, warranty etc). Even had some nice goodies on which came as a bit of a bonus, although the H&S exhaust is WAY louder than my old Borla system. Might end up swapping that! 

From what I gather, it was a member car. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm 😀

Anyway, long intro. It's took me a while to register! Look forward to comparing notes and general banter.

Stevie

Hi Stuno,

no2 should have been, but hey, we all make mistakes 😀

The new '60 plate car is the best yet. Love being back in an ISF. This will stay for a good few years.

Just need to decide what I'm doing exhaust wise. The H&S is, erm, not very neighbor friendly! Lol

stevie

Hi Giblet,

yup, that's the one. Already picked up the previous owners user name. Didn't take much with the old reg lol

Not spoken to the chap yet, but certainly seems like a decent lad. 

Im delighted with the car. Happy to be back in ISF. 

Just not sure about the H&S though. Bit LOUD!

Stevie

Hi Stephen and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

• Like 1

Lovel;y car - had my eye on that one - I really need to take the missus to see a isf and try and convince its a good baby car - although i did show her the interior (being whiteish) she said that wasn't very good.

Had my eye on a is since 2008 - still like the shape etc, I think the cars have aged well personally.

Maybe thats a good thing I didn't take her to see this one due to the exhaust - I would then have to explain they don't all sound like that etc etc.

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

Indeed it my car.... really did hate letting it go especially for the price... but there you go ... hope you enjoy her... she will want for nothing for the next 12 months atleast ...

Didnt get a chance to wipe the HDD so apologies for the nursery rhymes etc. !!!

I loved the exhaust, it is loud but after a while I couldnt live with out the pops when coming off the throttle.....

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

• Like 2

Welcome to the club.

I would imagine that you must be one of a very small group of people (outside of Lexus) who have owned that many ISF's given there rarity!!

Welcome back! :thumbup1:

Keep an eye on my posts regarding your H&S exhaust. Seems like the addition of an X pipe may help quieten things down, and also gain a bit more HP in the mid/top end area.

My car will be going back to them soon for some further testing/evaluation.

I'll pop something up once I know more. :smile:

Enjoy lucky number 3! :wink3:

• Like 1

Hi Pete, 

ive got a great guy up here that can add me in a x pipe. The Borla system I have has one and is a lot less raspy. 

Think I'll add one of those and sell the Borla if the end result is acceptable. 

Every morning I'm sure I loose another happy neighbour on cold start lol

stevie

On 29 March 2016 at 6:27 PM, DAW said:

Welcome to the club.

I would imagine that you must be one of a very small group of people (outside of Lexus) who have owned that many ISF's given there rarity!!

Hi Daw,

yes, I suppose that I probably am! First car took me literally by surprise! I took a Messa red car in px and it completely blew me away. Kept it for 6000miles, but had to sell it as my current car didn't sell and had to put it up for sale. Once in a better position bought the Pearl White car that was an absolutely gem which I ran for two years, but managed to sell for zero loss after 20,000miles. Being in the motor trade I couldn't say no!  I regretted it almost straight away!

I bought a 13 BMW 330d M-Sport xDrive with mega spec, but it just didn't do it for me. I also think the E90 330d is a much better built car. So it's now up for sale.

Having dipped in and out of the ISF market for the past few months not many new cars come up. The USB car I settled on had enough pluses to up my original budget. I'm glad I did. Buy a cheap and you get what you pay for. Just like any performance car!

Anyway, where's the best place to buy a decent front lip and KWs 😄

Stevie

Hi Stevie,

I'm on my first and I think its a great car.  Infact I currently can't think of anything else I would replace it with other than a complete change to a sports car in the future, when      practicality is not a consideration. I usually change my cars every 2 to 3 years but i'm going to keep the ISF until I go down the sports car route, which is some way off at present.

I watched the ISF market for about 4 years until the time was right and bought my car with only 5500 miles on it, so I know what you mean. The good ones generally cost more!!

Can't help much on the mods front but there are some very knowledgable members on here who are happy to help, as i'm sure you have already seen.

David

Hi Stevie,

Try Whifbitz for the KW's. Paul can get them for you, he also does 0% finance, so that might help spread the cost?

I'll probably get the RR-Racing Penske coilovers. There's a group buy running on them right now in fact! Just not the right time for me sadly.

The lip spoiler will need to come from the States. Try Josh from Meraki Autoworks. He's on Club Lexus forum.

If you need any mod advice, I'm here! :wink:

Cheers.

Peter

Having bought Stus old Isf with a h and s I have to agree, although a lovely sound it was a little loud for me.... And the wife. 

Didnt keep the car but loved it, still trying to find the complete package. Had a TTRS for 3 weeks now onto a RS6 Avant, will see how this goes!

good luck with the car as you know they are a fantastic all round toy!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links