Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just a quick update. Had a exhaust fitted yesterday by cobra sports in Sheffield. They basically took it from the cat . It's excaly as the stock but modified the back boxes . Sounds amazing. Will try to post a few videos asap 

• Like 2

Nice... pics, vids and prices would be really nice...

I sold my ISF and switched to jag XFR which rumbles nice but after i fitted quicksilver pipes it was epic.

I'm now back with Lexus with a new RC-F and the sound is so disappointing like the IS-F is stock... 

Do you get the same 3800rpm noise kick as before or is it constant loudness from the start? .... I think Lexus should make these sporty V8s noisy by default with a  "quiet" button for when your granny is in the car ;-)

The noise at 3600 rpm is from the airbox at the front so that shouldn't change with an exhaust. 

Pics and a video or two would be good. Any droning at regular motorway speeds? I'm guessing it's still reasonably sensible given that the secondary cats are still present. 

• Like 1

hi gib pretty sure they removed the secondary cat . Think there a happy medium to the noise. Obviously you can here the exhaust but it's not off putting. Didn't want anything mega loud . Just wanted to hear the v8 

34 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

hi gib pretty sure they removed the secondary cat . Think there a happy medium to the noise. Obviously you can here the exhaust but it's not off putting. Didn't want anything mega loud . Just wanted to hear the v8 

Sorry, misread your first post. Looking forward to hearing it in person at some point

1 hour ago, Looney said:

Nice... pics, vids and prices would be really nice...

I sold my ISF and switched to jag XFR which rumbles nice but after i fitted quicksilver pipes it was epic.

I'm now back with Lexus with a new RC-F and the sound is so disappointing like the IS-F is stock... 

Do you get the same 3800rpm noise kick as before or is it constant loudness from the start? .... I think Lexus should make these sporty V8s noisy by default with a  "quiet" button for when your granny is in the car ;-)

My brother had a set of Mina Gallery backboxes fitted to his XFR recently. Sounds awesome at full chat and some lovely pops and bangs on the downshifts.  

Planning on emulating that with my ISF but with a full dual system with resonators in place of the secondary cats and an X pipe to get the maximum increase in power. Will have some backboxes that are not too loud for normal use and cutout valves for tunnel runs 😁

Hi Warrington guy.

any chance you can help.

I am a relitively new isf owner, and am missing a bottom exhaust tip from each side. Any chance you have kept yours from the conversion??

Do like the sound of the exhaust systems you guys are having, but think I will stay stock for a little while,

Thanks

Sounds spot on!!. Be handy to know exactly what they did - sorry if you have already described this in detail elsewhere!!

I would love to do the same at some point and like you I don't want it too loud. Like most owners on here I just want to hear more of the V8 than the standard exhaust permits. The cost of the relately flimsy replacement exhaust tip panels alone makes a revised exhaust system a sensible move.

I have been following the exhaust related posts since I became a member and I live very close to H&S, so it would probably be sensible to get them to revise my exhaust. I had therefore pretty much decided that at some point I would have the H&S system fitted. I appreciate that the sound/loudness of an exhaust is a purely subjective thing, especially without hearing the various setups in person, but some of the recent posts seem to suggest that the H&S setup may be a little on the loud side.  I will be following the various exhaust threads progress with interest and hopefully at some point get to hear some of them in person.

Sounds good mate.

How did you upload the vids? I've just had Varex switchable back boxes fitted and want to upload mine but every time I try it comes up with an error code after a few mins.....

22 hours ago, CharlieC said:

Sounds good mate.

How did you upload the vids? I've just had Varex switchable back boxes fitted and want to upload mine but every time I try it comes up with an error code after a few mins.....

Use a YouTube account or a photo bucket account chap.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Sounds great. Valves are great. 

Cheers Stu, I know not everyone will like the look and I wasn't sure either to be honest but it's growing on me.

just have to make up some mesh inserts to finish it off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links