Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New CT 200h in 2017

Whole new car. The CT has been facelidted already so they wont do it again. No links as present but there's been mules going around. 

As you can imagine, the CT has been going since 2011 and now feels dated. Sales of the CT have not been strong in the US and therefore, it may become an SUV to boost those sales 

However a mule was spotted testing in the UK with a slightly higher ride height.

What we do know for sure is it'll be using the Prius hybrid drivetrain and will be on the tnga platform therefore being lighter and more fun

2017-Lexus-CT-spied.jpg

• Like 1

I've just been looking at a new CT but have now decided on an IS 300h.. 

CT has been good over the last 3 years & did fancy a new CT F-Sport, but got a great deal on IS Advance. Pick it up Friday so hope it's as enjoyable as my CT has been.

• Like 1

hi Adam you wont be sorry with the IS its a great car ,you'll have a more relaxed drive and economy isn't a million miles away from the CT

i moved from the CT in August 2015 and i'm still happy with it now although i do really like the RC300h looks like a 2 door coupe of the IS300.

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled out of the IS purchase the day after. Had second thoughts regarding new, so will probably leave it until end of the year & look for second-hand 2-tone CT or IS.

I really do like the IS, but am very happy with my CT at present.

• Like 1

Only issue I had with my CT was the ride was a bit firm for me. I must point out I have a medical issue that makes the ride important to me, as well as a poor balance, so I needed something easier to get in and out of. Other than that it was a dream to own. I now have a NX as the ride is smoother and being higher up it's easier for me to get in and out. I tried lots of other SUV's but I stuck with Lexus as the CT was the best car I have ever owned. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goggy said:

Only issue I had with my CT was the ride was a bit firm for me. I must point out I have a medical issue that makes the ride important to me, as well as a poor balance, so I needed something easier to get in and out of. Other than that it was a dream to own. I now have a NX as the ride is smoother and being higher up it's easier for me to get in and out. I tried lots of other SUV's but I stuck with Lexus as the CT was the best car I have ever owned. 

Agreed the ride is shocking on the CT and TBH dont really know how they managed to get it that stiff. This is coming from someone who has an RX F-Sport and an IS F-Sport, both being noticeably smoother than the CT and the IS being even smoother than my RX is. Dont know if its the short wheelbase or what!

We were originally thinking of getting a CT due to the smaller size but even the Advance model we had as a loaner was very hard on the road.

If they can sort the ride out and make it up to date with updated L-Finesse styling, the IS will probably get traded in for one.

1 hour ago, adnewton said:

My CT is on 16" wheels and is not so bad. Could do with softening i agree.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The ones we've had have always been on 17". Dont really see why they needed to have it that stiff tbh.

Prior to buying our CT in early 2012, I had read the reports about suspension being harsh on all models except the sport which had been cross braced in order to stiffen things up a bit! I was given the option of having 16" wheels and took it on the grounds of improving ride quality and cheaper replacement tyres at the expense of looks. I later learnt that 17" wheels seem to sustain kerb damage more easily too. If I run my tyres at the lowest recommended pressure the ride is very good. When I run them at the highest recommended pressure, the ride gets a bit harsh but still acceptable for such a small car.

I do hope that Lexus drop the idea of the CT being anywhere near to being a sports car, shelve the sports version and concentrate on making the new CT drive like the luxury small compact which it is expected to be. Leave the sport badge to Toyota if needs be ( since Toyota are better known for sports involvement -lexus le mans being a relatively new development)

2 hours ago, adnewton said:

Low profile tyre really don't help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

But then my IS has low profile tyres as well so its the suspension setup really.

26 minutes ago, Capitalmagpie said:

I am interested to see if it is a whole new car and new shape or a similar shape with new technology in it.

From what I have been told from my "sources", its grown into a mini SUV type thing. But then that did get me confused as a UX has been trademarked and that would probably be a smaller crossover than the NX.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links