Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Filling her up while the missus is still in the car...

Can someone please explain in plain English...!

I normally just leave the key in my pocket. 99% of the time it's just me in the car. But a regular thing on a Saturday morning is that the missus and me go to the supermarket and I fill up there.

Sometimes I get out and take the key with me, and the missus daren't move for fear of setting the alarm off.

Sometimes I leave the key in there, but cannot figure out a way to put the radio on while the engine is switched off.

What's the solution? (Please don't say "Read the manual...", it's completely impenetrable!)

Alarm won't sound unless you lock her in.

Radio can be turned on by pressing power on button, but not having foot on brake. Shouldn't matter if you take key or not, but that said, I've not tried it.

Or by pressing the volume on off button, just remembered that I turned it on that way before, saves having the power on on i guess.

• Like 1

Yep it'll work no problem.  

The keyless entry system doesn't lock itself when you walk away (depending on perspective can be a good or a bad thing) so no need to sit with a straight back for 15 mins! 

Switching off in any gear other than P will put the system into Accessory mode, left for more than approx 20min the system will automatically switch to Off to try and protect the 12v Battery as this provides all electrical power whilst in accessory mode. You don't want to run the 12v Battery low as it powers the entry system and initialises all the ECUs in preparation for the hybrid system starting.

Provided that we are speaking about a hybrid, when I plan to listen ML audio for long time, I prefer to leave my GS 300h on in P  , so to use electric power from HV Battery without risk to discharge 12 V Battery (the engine is usually off till it needs to recharge HV ). N has to be avoided, as in this position batteries can't be recharged, I use N only when car needs to be moved , like in washing tunnels.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links