Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heated Steering Wheel

Scoops1964

Any option could be retro-fitted but at what cost?

That said I can't imagine the heated 'wheel would be that difficult, if it was offered as an option on your model year.

New 'wheel, switch, wiring and probably steering column contact spiral. Plus coding the system

I have the more expensive but old fashioned option which is a garage which stops the entire car from getting too cold. It works very well and the time spent ice scraping in the mornings is reduced to zero--- so even less use for a heated steering wheel. Worthwhile options that I had fitted to the garage were  remote operated rolling shutter doors which also turns the lights on and off and a burglar alarm. Now I don't have to fumble with frozen garage doors or their locks either.

Parking a luxury car outside in frosty conditions is almost an oxymoron "a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wass said:

I have the more expensive but old fashioned option which is a garage which stops the entire car from getting too cold. It works very well and the time spent ice scraping in the mornings is reduced to zero--- so even less use for a heated steering wheel. Worthwhile options that I had fitted to the garage were  remote operated rolling shutter doors which also turns the lights on and off and a burglar alarm. Now I don't have to fumble with frozen garage doors or their locks either.

Parking a luxury car outside in frosty conditions is almost an oxymoron "a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction".

I'm sure most people who have this option would use their garage but a much high percentage of homes don't have garages than do have a garage so it is far from a solution for all. I would love a garage but affording a home just outside the Lake District with a garage is extremely difficult so I will just have to continue leaving my much loved Luxury car out in the frost 

• Like 1

I have a garage more than capable of housing the RX, but it is full !  Workbench, shelving, lawnmower, lawnraker, pressure washer, barbecue and patio furniture through the winter.

I'm happier with my car outside, not keen on putting a wet, warm car in a still, warm environment.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, talaipwros said:

speaking of garages, most doors are 2.05m wide.

Do you really trust putting your car in and out every day in such a tight space?

No, most single garage doors are  just over 2.1 metres wide and yes, I am confident enough not to have hit any part of any car whilst parking in any garage since I started to park my mums car in a garage when i was 13 some 45 years ago. Your post is short but I still had to read it more than once in surprise and in order to understand that some people really have no idea where their car begins and ends. It certainly goes a long way towards explaining some supermarket parking i have seen. It also explains why I see people with their offside wheels on the white stripe in the middle of the road whilst their nearside wheels are nearly 5' away from the gutter.

2 hours ago, Wass said:

No, most single garage doors are  just over 2.1 metres wide and yes, I am confident enough not to have hit any part of any car whilst parking in any garage since I started to park my mums car in a garage when i was 13 some 45 years ago. Your post is short but I still had to read it more than once in surprise and in order to understand that some people really have no idea where their car begins and ends. It certainly goes a long way towards explaining some supermarket parking i have seen. It also explains why I see people with their offside wheels on the white stripe in the middle of the road whilst their nearside wheels are nearly 5' away from the gutter.

Well thank goodness that everyone else isn't as perfect as yourself or i would be out of a job!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Wass said:

You must have a really small car then. After you subtract the metal railings on the side all you got left is 2.05.

Car has 360 view so always well centred,  still wouldn't put it in there.

On 6/2/2017 at 0:27 PM, talaipwros said:

You must have a really small car then. After you subtract the metal railings on the side all you got left is 2.05.

I havent noticed that the cars we buy are specially made narrow versions. We currently park a Mazda 6 and a CT200 in the garage which has individual doors rather than one large one. The mazda 6 is bigger than the CT and bigger than the honda CRV  but not so wide as the Jaguar I used to park in the garage.

hi geof

so your 2 garages dont have a dividing wall between them this makes all the difference

as you still have room to open your door to get out easily,in a standard garage you can normally

get the car in but struggle to get out of the car,i have to agree with out about getting your car

through a tight space its not hard you just have to take care,i have a set of tall gates at the back

of my house on the drive i have about 25mm of clearance between the doot mirror and gate post

on each side so not much room for me and i have never made contact with them.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links