Which Rims To Go For?

andyhart21

Which rims should I choose??  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which rims should I choose??

• TOMs Violent in Hiper Black.
    • TOMs Violent in Silver.
    • Mille Miglia Uno.

I think the black has the edge, so I voted for Black B)

I don't think the black will look as good "in the flesh" mate (although the do look nice in the picture)

have a mate who badly kerbed his Mille Miglia's (on his alpha) - couldn't be completely refurbed, so he had them done in black chrome.

Refurb was a good job (Pristine in Milton Keynes) - but they did not look as good as they did before.

I don't think the black will look as good "in the flesh" mate (although the do look nice in the picture)

Not sure what colour Zee's are, I guess you could call them black. I'm sure I'm gonna be corrected :blush: His wheels do look really nice. I think the Tom's in Black will look just as good. That's my opinion anyway...but do like the silver ones as well.

Looking at it from a different angle, Zee's car is silver and Andy's is blue <_< May not look as nice on a darker coloured car.

Are you confused yet Andy? :duh: :hehe:

That was my choice as well Mat.......

I like black rims on almost any colour car, but I would be interested to know just what Hiper Black is..........do you reckon it would be like Zee's (sort of a black chrome)?

Just found out that they are only available in 8.5j x 18" so I will have to lift my car off the floor a bit :( :(

I can see some arch rolling coming up :(

arch rolling is fun................. :blink:

took me 2 hours

per blimmin side :yawn:

How do you ensure you get both sides even, and are there special tools to roll evenly? :unsure: Workshop topic mate? :hehe:

I've seen some 18x8.5's I was interested in, but got put off by the width.. :duh:

i used a hammer

hairdryer

for one side :unsure:

but managed to get a proper roller for the other side, so ended up doing both sides with both methods

i will eventually be grinding back the lip, when i do the DROP!!

8.5X18 WILL FIT............thats what ive got and they only rubbed ever so slightly before the rolling.......any decent tuning/tyre fitting place should have an arch roller

I voted Tom's in Silver Harty - Purely because I'm not sure you will do the hyper black rims justice with a blue car.....

All three are very nice mate, and with your drop, they will all look fantastic! :D

NONONONONO BLACK RIMS ARE BORING!!!!!!!!!!!

GET YOURSELF THE TOMS IN SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUST ME I GOT A SENSE OF STYYYYYYYYYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

How can you say black rims are boring when 99.999% of cars on the road fitted with alloys have silver rims............ :blink: :duh:

Hey Andy

I saw those a while back but got put off with them coming from Japan? They're just like another set I was looking at, but can't seem to find in 18" in the UK - Ace A205 Manta's - as seen on http://customwheel.com/wheels/ace/

Anyone have a clue where to find em?

I also really like the Concept Neeper Daggs from the US but they seem to have been discontinued :( You can see em here

If you're importing them, I might be in for a mini group-buy in hiper black for my Platinum Tezz - might help with shipping? Depends on moolah of course. Could get some eyebrows at the same time :shifty:

Asam

If I do get them Asam (and it depends on price) I will be ordering them from Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota in the states. I kinda want to avoid a group buy as well because I am going to try my hardest to avoid paying import duty :whistling: and I reckon having more than 1 set shipped would just draw attention to them

If I do get them Asam (and it depends on price) I will be ordering them from Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota in the states. I kinda want to avoid a group buy as well because I am going to try my hardest to avoid paying import duty :whistling: and I reckon having more than 1 set shipped would just draw attention to them

Yeah fair enough - good point.

I guess I should maybe see if Steve can actually get wheels I really want :lol:

Otherwise I'll just have to get some OZ rims or something else that isn't so unique :blink:

Asam

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links