Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Headunit, Wiring Confusing Me

hey just got my new headunit today, its a JVC KW-AVX820, still waiting on the amp bypass cable so can't install it yet, but I was having a look at the wiring and it looks very confusing, don't know how this will hook up to the car, pics below are of the cables provided

P4300674.jpg

P4300675.jpg

P4300677.jpg

P4300676.jpg

P4300678.jpg

do i need to get another cable to attach it all up or will i need to solder the wires?

i take it thats not a uk specunit?

thats doesnt look like its got the UK ISO plug in the end so you may have to solder all of the leads onto the bypass cable..

hey, no its not a uk spec unit, do you think i could get a uk spec iso plug? or which wires would i need to solder?

possibly direct from jvc but it wont be cheap...

as for the wires.. all of em! you will need to match each one up to.

I go back to my other post and say you should have bought from the uk mate.. gonna be a lot of hassle..

hey thanks for the quick replies guys, turns out the guy who sits beside me in work had the same problem and he was able to get a lead in maplins that did the job, gonna try there first as it right beside were i work,

Yeldarb, was your power cable like that, did you have to solder it in?

No mine was bought from the UK so had UK specification wiring. I think your model number is very slightly different to mine though, I can't check as my car is 90 miles away from me at the moment!!

No mine was bought from the UK so had UK specification wiring. I think your model number is very slightly different to mine though, I can't check as my car is 90 miles away from me at the moment!!

ah have it all sorted, know were to wire everything now so once the amp by pass lead arrives will install the new headunit

The JVC's are good, the DVD playback is just as good as the Alpine IMHO. The only short fall is when playing MP3 DVD's it takes an age to read the disc before playing any music.

did you wire it up to the handbrake so it will only play when the handbrake is on? I have my ipod so will be using that most of the time, gonna get the KS-U30 so I can play back video from it aswell, just havent gotten around to ordering it :whistling:

The JVC's are good, the DVD playback is just as good as the Alpine IMHO. The only short fall is when playing MP3 DVD's it takes an age to read the disc before playing any music.

did you wire it up to the handbrake so it will only play when the handbrake is on? I have my ipod so will be using that most of the time, gonna get the KS-U30 so I can play back video from it aswell, just havent gotten around to ordering it :whistling:

Don't be silly wire to the handbrake :whistling:

I also have the DAB unit for it and the HAL3 roof antenna that replaces the OEM one so DAB and FM reception are perfect.

Don't be silly wire to the handbrake :whistling:

I also have the DAB unit for it and the HAL3 roof antenna that replaces the OEM one so DAB and FM reception are perfect.

ah yeah i will of course :whistling: i wonder actually how the radio reception will be for me as i have a shark fin antenna so just hope it is still good

ah nice, my amp bypass lead (thanks to aztecbandet for showing me that one) and my fascia adaptor just arrived so will install my new headunit straight after work, away this weekend camping so gonna sand down and repaint the fascia adaptor next week

I just spliced it in to the amp bypass harness.

When helping another LOC member install their head unit, I tried that first but it didn't work. It only worked when the wire was taken to a proper earth, not just something else that routed both to earth and the head unit.

hey, got my headunit all wired up and is working perfectly except for the memory, it doesnt hold when it is turned off :crybaby:

The memory connection ( normally yellow wire) should be connected to constant non switched 12v source so it is live all the time if it is wired via the accessory ( ie switched supply) this is why you are losing the memory every time.

hey, got my headunit all wired up and is working perfectly except for the memory, it doesnt hold when it is turned off :crybaby:

The memory connection ( normally yellow wire) should be connected to constant non switched 12v source so it is live all the time if it is wired via the accessory ( ie switched supply) this is why you are losing the memory every time.

hey thanks, will pull it out later on and check out all the wiring,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links