Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 Options Help For Prospective Buyer

Hello everybody I'm a new member,

I will be changing my car (again) soon and I'm looking for something big and comfortable, I've researched the usual Audi/Merc/BMW route as most do but I was mightly impressed when I drove a friends old LS400 a few months ago, it had 177k on it and it drove like it was new, anyway cut a long story short I have been searching high and low to find info about the optional extras available on the LS430 but I have come across loads of conflicting info, I also searched this forum for an hour before posting and couldn't find anything of much help, (probably me looking in the wrong place).

Anyway to the point, can anyone please confirm what options/gadgets became standard after the 2003 facelift. My research pointed to pretty much everything apart from the active cruise and Pre crash systems, but then after looking on auto trader some face lifted cars state the have "premium pack" is this an error on the vendors behalf?

In summary I am looking for one with ALL the Bells and whistles.

Please help as I'm sick of reading twoddle on American sites. Thanks

Not all facelifts have bluetooth. Adaptive cruise only came in from late 2005 I think. You can see a panel behind the badge on the grille which will indicate if it has it or not.

hello will you kept quite about that subtle upgrade?

I haven't picked her up yet! Once I have her in my grips then I'll start bragging - not as much as you though - you truly got the bargain of the centuary!!

I pick mine up tomorrow - very much looking forward to it! :-)

I had high blood pressure the night before over this car - didnt sleep for a second either!! and didnt have any breakfast either that day Ha Ha

Your going from a mark 3 to LS430 - your going to be amazed at the refinement

With my earlier 2 LSs i used to buy and think about upgrading to the next model and so on - but with the 430 its as good as it gets - its got all the gadgets you could imagine - i wont be changing car for a while

all the best

Do all the facelift cars get the Mark Levinson Premium Sound System then?

Also as the navigation system is DVD based can I watch DVDs in the car?

I'm just sussing out whether I want to spend £3000 or so on a prefacelift or £7000-£8000 on a facelift one!

Spend what you want to spend! For me I always wanted a facelift so I got one but don't pay over the odds! A 53 plate facelift is worth no more than about 5500 - 6000 tops no matter what any dealer tells you! You may have to be patient but you'll get one eventually. Be careful if you want one with the adaptive cruise - buy after March 2006 and you'll be paying £430 a year in tax!

Spend what you want to spend! For me I always wanted a facelift so I got one but don't pay over the odds! A 53 plate facelift is worth no more than about 5500 - 6000 tops no matter what any dealer tells you! You may have to be patient but you'll get one eventually. Be careful if you want one with the adaptive cruise - buy after March 2006 and you'll be paying £430 a year in tax!

Good tip! What's the rate else?

I always thought the Ser 4 was the epitome of the LS series, but you guys are persuading me! Add LPG and......!!

• 2 months later...

this site is superb

answered quite a few things i was unsure about but

whats ACC/PCS

i think ACC might be adaptive cruise control - but how does this differ from normal cruise control ????

PCS - not a clue - anyone ???????? help

thanks very much

Gaz

Pre Crash System. Its linked to the cruise control system. Its a radar guided system that knows whwn you're going to crash and get you and car ready for impact. The adaptive cruise keeps you at a set distance from the car ahead. Normal cruise just keeps you at the speed you want. ACC/PCS was only on vehicles post 2005

Thanks very much Will

i did smile re the PCS

so if i was doing 155mph at a brick wall would it alert the undertakers that one is on its way :flowers: those guys at Lexus they think of everything eh

Brilliant. mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links