Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help - Upgrading Interior Lights To Led

Hell folks, I'm looking for a little help please. I've just been searching through the various forums looking for a thread that I think was started during the second half of this year. It was to do with the replacement of all of the interior bulbs on an IS250 with LED's.

There was also a link to a seller on eBay who was providing a full set of replacements.

I have found the one with the video showing how to get at the bulbs but, I really would like to find the one with the eBay link.

Do you think that I can find this thread, not on your life I can't. Too much festive fayre I think, dulling the old concentration!

If anyone is really switched on and spots it, I really will bemost grateful for the pointer. Many thanks.

Geoff, there's a thread HERE about a company with an interior kit but it's not on Ebay.

Edit - this has a video in it so assume it's not the one. I'll leave the link in just in case though.

Hi Geoffers, yes I did find that one but I'm absolutely positive that there is a thread with an eBay link. Thanks for your help though.

Hope you're having a great Christmas

This is where I bought mine from on EBay.

http://www.ebay.co.u...d=260863230811

Carl

Yes Carl, that's the one, many thanks. Were you pleased with the LED's and was the fitting procedure straightforward?

The LEDs are bright and white, fitting was just as the video on here showed and was straight forward. Probably took me 10 minutes to do all.

As mentioned before, use something non metal to avoid marking your trim.

Other than that, it was a easy to do.

I will be doing my is220 as well shortly, followed by the wing mirror LEDs .

Carl

This is where I bought mine from on EBay.

http://www.ebay.co.u...d=260863230811

Carl

Yes Carl, that's the one, many thanks. Were you pleased with the LED's and was the fitting procedure straightforward?

The LEDs are bright and white, fitting was just as the video on here showed and was straight forward. Probably took me 10 minutes to do all.

As mentioned before, use something non metal to avoid marking your trim.

Other than that, it was a easy to do.

I will be doing my is220 as well shortly, followed by the wing mirror LEDs .

Carl

Thanks again Carl, I will definitely have a go at mine then. Perhaps you could let us know how the wing mirror upgrade goes. Not sure I will be keen to mess about with the glass, but might change my mind after you have told us how yours went.

Don't worry about the glass. I had to remove mine to take the shell of the mirror off for a repaint. It does need some force though, and the screws inside can be rather tight too. I'm sure there's some instructions on here on how to do it. Just held on by clips. It is a little more difficult to get back on and the bottom clip is more like a ratchet; makes quite a noise when taking off or replacing.

Surprisingly the mirror base (which seems to be cast aluminium) had corroded badly and needed a good cleanup. You may find the same when you dismantle yours.

It is not necessary to remove the glass to replace the puddle lamp bulbs. The screws are around the edges so you can access them one by one by positioning your mirror at an angle.

Removing the mirror will be more convenient though.

A question for anyone who fitted these LED's, I have noticed that my dome lights seem to flicker slightly when dimming in and out. anyone else notice this?

A question for anyone who fitted these LED's, I have noticed that my dome lights seem to flicker slightly when dimming in and out. anyone else notice this?

Well the same happens on mine so I assume it to be a charactoristic of the LED lights.

Carl

• 4 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links