Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I have recently moved from IS200 to IS250. While I love the 250, it doesnt have quite the grunt I hoped it would. Has anyone got any expereince in getting a bit more power out of the 250? More than just power, some improved response would be nice.

I am also only averaging 28mpg. What is the average MPG for most members?

Thanks

Hi Matthew,

I have an IS250 and it is mostly used for the school run and short distances and I am averaging about 23 mpg. However it does increase to high 30's on a decent motorway run.

In relation to more power I am sure I seen somewhere on here that you cannot remap an IS250 because the ECU is encrypted but I am maybe wrong.

Is it an auto or manual you have, because I have the manual and it is will move at a fair rate if you need it too, however I don't think these cars will ever be Evo's or WRX because they were never build to be exceptionally fast.

hi these cars r for excutive market , they r not for drag racing lol,what u want is a evo or wrx,iav got is220d se- l and its give me 24mpg,it my 1st lexus as always owned e class mercs and i think u can have it remapped.

Hi, I have recently moved from IS200 to IS250. While I love the 250, it doesnt have quite the grunt I hoped it would. Has anyone got any expereince in getting a bit more power out of the 250? More than just power, some improved response would be nice.

I am also only averaging 28mpg. What is the average MPG for most members?

Thanks

You don't say if your IS250 is auto or manual. Although contrary to conventional wisdom, the auto is generally held to be more economical than the manual. I have had three auto IS250 and, around town, I got/get about 22mpg; on long runs, 38mpg; and mixed conditions, about 30mpg. As for getting more grunt, isn't this sacrilege - a bit like adding meths to Bollinger special cuvee to give it a kick? Seriously though, a Lexus IS250 is probably not the sort of car that go-faster mods have been developed for but you might want to have a look at the web site of the USA Lexus owners club and see if there's anything there.

You cant remap the IS250. However, there is a takeda intake available which helps the engine breath better. Claims about 15hp gain but itll be closer to 5hp. Failing that, theres always the aimgain supercharger which is about $6k. Theres also an F Sport exhaust in the american market which increases power slightly.

Had my IS250 (Auto) for 2 months and its averaged 33.6mpg in that time with the pretty standard mix of urban and non-urban driving. It started with poorer consumption but changed the air filter and it made a big difference.

I'm a potter around sort of driver, but have felt the IS250 is gutless on that rare occassion I need a bit of oompphh when trying to get into fast moving traffic on a slip road etc. IT seems to find a way of not using its horse-power very well.

• 4 months later...

Hi Thanks for the responses, this is rather belated myself. I have found that using super fuel improves engine responsiveness emphatically and improves consumption. I now average about 32mpg which is fin really. I would like a filter and exhaust modification one day to make more of the lovely v6 sound. In my opinion as lovely as this car is, its 5% too refined given as its F Sport spec is making promises it doesn't quite deliver on. Still a lovely car, I just want to massage a bit more attitude out of it.

You can do a quick easy replacement of the air filter to a lifetime oiled K&N one which is a direct replacement - you will notice an instant difference in acceleration and responsiveness. Not massive but its there.

I bought mine for around £35 when I replaced it last year.

I got a k&n typhoon, went the whole way :$

not in a rush to install yet as i have to do a service next week.

But yeah its not a Evo or anything, Its alot more refined than the CL9 i had but the CL9 was more nimble.

I know what i was getting into with a lexus, If i wanted to wrap it around bends i would have kept my Accord.

Still, its a fantastic place to be.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links