Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service Prices

TheOldGit

I don't think this one has been covered yet.

How do service costs compare from region to region or are they pretty standard?

I'm dropping my 2011 CT200h in tomorrow and have been quoted about £350.00 inclusive of 5% GST (similar to VAT)

My region is Jersey

Kind of service your car needs depend on the mileage and age - if you are not doing many miles. Every 10k miles or 1 year it's intermmediate, every 20k or 2 years - full. I recently paid £195 inc VAT for intermediate one. Prices of full service vary, as depending on the mileage (or age) there are additional inspections and replacements due. My next service is full and it will cost £395 - at 40k (or every 4 years) inspection of front differential oil is due. Full service at 60k is £445 and includes new spark plugs. Anyway I'm taking service plan in January - will save about £85 or so on next 3 services, plus 3 MOT's at half price and 10% discount on parts and accessories.

Has anyone asked for a quote in Toyota Dealer? As everything is same as a Prius, it may be worth asking as I believe it would be cheaper.

Mine is due for 4 year service in March, so will definitely be looking around for better price.

Toyota GB used to stop Lexus servicing from happening at Toyota dealers, but dealers seem to be getting away with doing Lexus servicing more and more. There is always the risk of head office clamping down again which may put dealers off providing a service plan that in a year or two they could struggle to honour. Certainly worth enquiring though.

The main disadvantage you have is a Lexus extended warranty requires servicing to be carried out by a Lexus dealer.

I'm pretty sure they cannot insist on your Lexus being serviced at a lexus dealer.

Its the same with any vehicle make providing they use genuine parts.

Worth an enquiry at a Toyota dealer.

I'm pretty sure they cannot insist on your Lexus being serviced at a lexus dealer.

Its the same with any vehicle make providing they use genuine parts.

Worth an enquiry at a Toyota dealer.

They can if you want the warranty - it's in the terms and conditions. It is different to the new car manufacturer warranty which by law they have to allow owners to use any garage.

Well I got my ct back from it's 'full' service last night from the main Lexus/Toyota dealer.

The mileage was: 21,114

Small breakdown as follows

Labour: £211.60

Materials: £146.76

2 wiper rubbers: £ 20.19

£378.55

Less 10% £ 37.75

Plus GST (VAT) @ 5% £ 18.93

Total: £359.63

Ready for the drive down to Spain after boxing day.

Will try and keep an eye on the mpg.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Mick

Frightening cost really when you consider its around 80 mins to do and parts can be bought for around £80.

Even at £70 hour you should only be looking at £200 - £250. Parts are also Toyota parts but with Lexus stamped on.

I won't be paying it that's for sure. My son is Lexus technician but not working there now. Will get him to do it and just pay for hybrid system check @ £50.

• Like 1

Frightening cost really when you consider its around 80 mins to do and parts can be bought for around £80.

Even at £70 hour you should only be looking at £200 - £250. Parts are also Toyota parts but with Lexus stamped on.

I won't be paying it that's for sure. My son is Lexus technician but not working there now. Will get him to do it and just pay for hybrid system check @ £50.

Totally agree with you Adam.

That's the way to go, and they didn't even charge me for the hybrid system check.

• Like 1

I received a quote price of £595 for a two year deal (one full and one intermediate service). On noticing the link you kindly posted Colin, it states £540 for two services, contacted the Local dealer and they have agreed to pay the difference as a dealer contribution and are taking up the discrepancy with the company who sets up the service plan. Can't say fairer than that :)

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

In order to safeguard the current price so if they increase their prices over the next two years I don't pay the increase. Plus it's easier to pay it up monthly rather than a one off

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

True, it will safeguard the price and this is it. I think you should talk to your dealer about the price of the plan, as others not only safeguard the price but also offer discount compared to regular prices (e.g. £85 off price of 3 services) and other benefits - 1 MOT included or 50% off MOT's, 10% discount on parts and accessories. Keeping that in mind you might get better deal.

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, mattstheone said:

Got 40k service Tuesday quoted £340 from Lexus Birmingham Ct200h Fsport 2012

They gave you a £5 discount? I thought the prices were fixed now?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

They gave you a £5 discount? I thought the prices were fixed now?

in may this year my intermediate service cost me £209 instead of £245

lexus liverpool quoted the cheaper and chester matched the price

just dont be afraid to ask,

the dealer wont show any shame when taking more money than they need to.

2 hours ago, 200h said:

in may this year my intermediate service cost me £209 instead of £245

lexus liverpool quoted the cheaper and chester matched the price

just dont be afraid to ask,

the dealer wont show any shame when taking more money than they need to.

Apparently they've been fixed since June. The supplying dealer and my nearest dealer both quoted the same price - no discounts available and not allowed to offer them anymore apparently.

I have a 3 year plan to include first intermediate, second full and third intermediate services @ £735

I pay £23.70 per month

Did it to not have large bills but not sure if this was a good deal or not ???????

28 minutes ago, Capitalmagpie said:

I have a 3 year plan to include first intermediate, second full and third intermediate services @ £735

I pay £23.70 per month

Did it to not have large bills but not sure if this was a good deal or not ???????

Little bit late to be wondering once you've signed up, I would have thought.

If you send me your bank details including PIN I'll evaluate it and get back to you.