Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

That would be slightly more than a 20% saving on new. I don't know the chances of that happening with dealers still offering year old NX F Sport's at less than a 10% saving on new prices. I've bought a lot of different brands over the years, but Lexus dealers have to be the greediest bunch I have ever encountered. Insulting p/ex prices and sky high resale. I really hope you get the car, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see 6 month old ex demos going for nearer the £53k mark. Whether anybody will pay that price is another matter.

• Like 1

That would be slightly more than a 20% saving on new. I don't know the chances of that happening with dealers still offering year old NX F Sport's at less than a 10% saving on new prices. I've bought a lot of different brands over the years, but Lexus dealers have to be the greediest bunch I have ever encountered. Insulting p/ex prices and sky high resale. I really hope you get the car, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see 6 month old ex demos going for nearer the £53k mark. Whether anybody will pay that price is another matter.

Unlikely. The NX has a 3 month waiting list due to low production volume. Loads of RX's are produced. I can't see the RX having a waiting list that long to be honest. Its too big for most people and you can see about 30mpg if driven normally.

I bought my RX450h F-Sport with a 10% discount in June 2012 for £49650. In November 2012 my dealer was selling the same spec car with 6k miles on it registered a week later for £43k!!

If you look at the RC-F for example, they cost £63k when new and a 4 month old one is listed for £53-54k. I spoke to a dealer and he said they were having trouble shifting them and I could have it for £52k. This was a £54k listed car with 5k miles on. I bet if I tried harder they'd just get rid of it for £50k.

Im not too sure on P/X prices, Lexus Chester gave me £3.5k for my wife's Merc (its only worth £3k realistically) and the IS300h we bought was the cheapest around anyway. When I bought my RX450h, I P/Xed my RX300. Once again, they gave me £100 more than any car buying website and also gave me the £10% discount.

Perhaps it's the Lexus dealers here in the South East, but then again some of the BMW and Jaguar dealers are almost as bad. The new RX is such a stunner, I wouldn't be surprised to see it become a huge hit. Why would you buy a nasty X5 or bland Q7 when you could have something that looks like the RX. Far better quality, and a dealer service network that treats customers as if they are actually valued.

According to my dealer, Lexus want to remain an "exclusive", "niche" dealer in the UK and want to continue focusing on quality service to a selected and loyal clientele. Their mass market is the US, and they have no intention of turning the UK into such a market. They are happy to leave this to Audit and BMW...

I think it it a good thing for us discerning drivers, although it also means that by limiting supply, Lexus UK can demand higher prices and offer smaller discounts.

Haven't got my glasses on but looks like no adaptive cruise, lane keep assist, panoramic roof or auto brake function in the Premier as standard. Add another £3 - £4k if available as options.

By the way, I was at my Lexus dealer today having the NX serviced and saw a new Hyundai Genesis parked outside. Shame about the badge, because for £48k it looks a stunning, fully loaded vehicle. I can see Hyundai going the Toyota route and launching a premium brand if they continue to improve the quality of their products like this. I going to test drive one just out of curiosity, although the 3.8 V6 and £505 road tax would make it a no no for me.Anyone else seen one??

By the way, I was at my Lexus dealer today having the NX serviced and saw a new Hyundai Genesis parked outside. Shame about the badge, because for £48k it looks a stunning, fully loaded vehicle. I can see Hyundai going the Toyota route and launching a premium brand if they continue to improve the quality of their products like this. I going to test drive one just out of curiosity, although the 3.8 V6 and £505 road tax would make it a no no for me.Anyone else seen one??

You can get a GS450h F-Sport for £48k atm, beaten the Genesis in all reviews lol

True, but the Genesis is a great looking car, and much better equipped than the GS. In fact, no options available because it has it all as standard. Worth BA in 5 years time though I suspect, and the GS is quicker and much more economic. Still, only 12 sold so far in the UK, which makes it fairly unique, but I bet 11 of those are demos!! Would probably have sold a lot better if they put the new Tucson diesel into it.

Haven't got my glasses on but looks like no adaptive cruise, lane keep assist, panoramic roof or auto brake function in the Premier as standard. Add another £3 - £4k if available as options.

Lexus safety sense is standard on SE so itll carry over to all models. It includes adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, pre-collision system, auto high beam and TSR which I cant remember

Prices for lower spec ones look superb and the luxury one has good options - not sure on the price premium for

Premier gade - not too much in the way of options for the extra money

So Lexus are doing the same as they did with the NX. All the goodies in the Premier and like it or lump it on the lower models.

I've just rung Leeds to ask for prices again and the salesman has said it will be released soon. Didn't have the energy to continue the conversation 😡

Prices for lower spec ones look superb and the luxury one has good options - not sure on the price premium for

Premier gade - not too much in the way of options for the extra money

Agree. The pick of the range appears to be the Luxury which I'm assuming will sell like hotcakes. The F Sport is £3k extra for styling and AVS from what I can see

Lee,

The rx450 SE has ACC (adaptive cruise), all models up from that just add toys.

HUD will no doubt be the £1k plus option!

HUD as on option would be great but I doubt it will be available on that list, judging by the GS. HUD only available as standard on the premier.

Lexus /Toyota Leeds ( Benfield group) has been bought out by the Lookers group as of yesterday.

Well that sucks. Lookers are awful. Not going back there then, rather stay with Bradford

I went in to discuss things today re RX and all of the staff were on a knife edge. One of the bosses/minions ( never seen them before) was following me round for the entire time asking and probing about the NX/RX swap while I was there. Very uncomfortable.

I went in to discuss things today re RX and all of the staff were on a knife edge. One of the bosses/minions ( never seen them before) was following me round for the entire time asking and probing about the NX/RX swap while I was there. Very uncomfortable.

Thats Lookers for you buddy! Went into Hatfield once, not only were they rude but their prices on used cars were £2-3k more than equivalent specs, dates and mileages! Cant recommend Lexus Bradford enough though - they fit 4 tyres on my RX for £50 and did an MOT for £27! Fast Alan is the salesman you want to talk to lol!

Also any Lexus dealers down south worth looking at? I'm going to enquire with Carwow and see what they come up with.

The salesman at Leeds that dealt with me re the NX is brilliant. He is applying to a different Lexus dealership for a job😞. He was the one who sorted out my insurance debacle with the bodyshop. Apparently he is on the chopping block.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links