Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi and thanks to all members & the help that they provided with their time, trouble and advice.

This is truly the best car forum I have ever seen, and although I am now no longer a Lexus owner (sadly), it has been great being in here and really feeling part of a good growing community.

Well, I am now no longer a Lexus owner, took the decision once I took the car back to the dealer, they offered me most of the purchase price back, so I took the money & ran. With the total list of faults that Lexus came up with toping out at £3500, not including the A/C problem (leaking) and the wheel hitting the suspension (front) at full lock, which they said needed more investigation.

I just felt no confidence with the selling garage to trust what they said about the car. So Lexus no more I am afraid.

Spoke to BMW and will find out tomorrow if I have bought (paid the deposit so far) for a 98 728i from BMW Used Approved.

Lexus is so scarce up here, (Scotland) only 3 franchises left and none of them hold much in the way of stock, Lexus Edinburgh, my nearest one, has a showroom with 1 of each model in it and 20 cars on the lot and nothing below 20 Grand, so not something I can do.

Paid 10K for the Beemer, so it should be beter, approved manufacturer and 3 year warranty.

Thanks for all of your help, the garage said they replaced the discs & pads that there was nothing wrong with the caliper or the wheels or tyres, they said that they drove the car (supposedly) and said that it was all fine. Never put this to the test myself.

THanks again.

Cheers

Andrew

Sad to see you go andrew!... shame your GS was a bit of a dog and good job they took the car back mate. It is not common for Lexus to have many faults... just a shame yours did.

Good luck with the new motor mate and remember to pop back anytime for a quick chat! :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links