Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Newby Saying 'hi'.

Jusme

Just joined and popped in to say hello. Bought a 2004 LS430 just over a week ago. 'Have I done the right thing'? My wife and I are disabled and retired, thought I would treat myself before I pop my clogs, not to mention having owned 4 Vauxhall Omegas over a number of years. I ask 'have I done the right thing' because, although I was prepared to raise the cost of my motoring, I was not prepared for, 'by how much'? I have just got round to reading all of the invoices from the previous owner, all Lexus. The cheapest is over £300? £80+ just for oil? Does anyone know of anywhere around Lincoln that I can get work carried out for less than the price of a Vauxhall Omega?? I hope i won't need much work doing, but noticed today that the aircon is not working, 'Ouch'! The seller had replaced 3 tyres before I bought the car, on the journey home up came a warning about tyre pressure, my mate said, 'they've lost a valve, they're £140' "Ouch". Sorry to have introduced myself with such a lengthy 'tome'. I do so hope I'm not to be Omega bound for life?? Thanks for reading. Rob.

I notice the new member's posts have been removed. Whilst perhaps his words were a little strong, I understand some of what he means, for example, I notice my post has had 91 views, but 0 replies. Of course all forums will be different, but it is my opinion that with a simple 'welcome' it helps 'newbies' to break the ice and feel a part of the community. If part of the content of the 'newby's post is in the wrong area, I am used to members saying 'Hi and welcome' and pointing a newby in the right direction to hopefully receive answers that they need.

I am not a member of numerous forums, but many members on my previous forum, 'are'. It is the general consensus of opinion on there that, 'this is the best, most helpful and friendliest forum I have ever been on'. Please do not take offence at my post as no offence is intended. I am not a 'gregarious' person but like to participate at some level, NOT feeling welcome is not conducive to interaction. After all, if 91 members have bothered to read my post, would 'hello' be too much to ask?? I mentioned in my post about the aircon not working, the tyre pressure warning, any pointers to garages in Lincolnshire (a large area) that members would recommend. Again, no comment? I apologise for this lengthy 'tome'.

Hi Rob. I am sorry that no one has replied to your posting but it may well be because when you join the forum the New Members Area is really just for saying hi to introduce yourself, any problems you are having with your chosen mark, an LS430 great car are posted in the LS section where there are a bunch of real knowledgeable guys who know what they are talking about. Please be patient as not everyone gets the chance to pop in every 5mins or every day, week etc.

With regards to the other thread you mentioned I was asked if it was possible to remove the thread so the member could start again but on a friendlier footing and this I did.

All that said, welcome to the LOC and I hope from now your experience is a more positive one. Mike. Moderator.

• Like 1

Welcome to the loc, and to great car ownership! They can make your eyes water when needing repairs, but they do tend to go wrong less than most. Many parts can be sourced elsewhere, my air con has stopped working so I've just bought a compressor from a breakers, just £50, and a brand new radiator for £90. Plus the info from this forum will hopefully save you lots of money too!

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your replies and welcome. I like the sound of this forum saving me money. Well done 'The-Acre' on your purchases, sounds more like my range of prices... I appreciate that repairs can be 'eye watering', but what stunned me, looking at the invoices I got with the car, are the prices from Lexus dealers, 'for the love of God' £30+ for a wiper blade???? Dearest from Eurocarparts £12:99. Anyway, rant over. Now I'll get back to the owners handbook to once again try to familiarise myself with this NASA designed cockpit..... :winky:

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your replies and welcome. I like the sound of this forum saving me money. Well done 'The-Acre' on your purchases, sounds more like my range of prices... I appreciate that repairs can be 'eye watering', but what stunned me, looking at the invoices I got with the car, are the prices from Lexus dealers, 'for the love of God' £30+ for a wiper blade???? Dearest from Eurocarparts £12:99. Anyway, rant over. Now I'll get back to the owners handbook to once again try to familiarise myself with this NASA designed cockpit..... :winky:

Mine came with an invoice for just a tad under £5,000! Apparently the dash was removed at one time and a wiring harness replaced, how about that for eye watering?

Just for your info, I had a full service on mine recently at a local Toyota dealership for £239, which I thought was good.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links