Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I went on the Noise Abatement Society looking for quiet extractor fans for the house ( Yes I am that anal), and noticed that there is a category for cars. I went in to it and there are only two cars which have been awarded the Quiet mark, the Lexus CT and the lexus RX. No idea how it works but I did wonder why the LS is not listed, it being the top of the range

That is strange, I've driven every model in the Lexus range and the two noisiest models were the CT & RX in my opinion.

Lord knows how they measure quiet then.

Carl

My GS seems noisier than my 525i but I think it's just tyres. Trouble is they're new and I do about 5K a year, so I've got them for a long time. :)

Yeah, I think the Lexus Achilles heal is the wrong tyre choice. It can make such a huge difference. And seems to effect the whole range.

Sometimes I think noise perception is misleading as the better sound proofed the car becomes the more you notice road noise, e.g bad road surface transmitted through the tyres which is probably the single hardest factor to resolve as there are so many tyre possibilities to fit.

I have tried most brands and there performance seems to vary depending on the road surface type so in honesty I'm not sure what the best tyre is.

I had several bmw's and although not noisy cars the general noises were higher which seemed to reduce one particular noise trait over another, so although if measured with a decibel meter would most likely be higher than the Lexus the perception of noise seemed often less.

It's a difficult one to gauge.

Catl

• Like 1

Agree on the question of tyres, I have found cheap tyres on the LS can be quiet, but the grip tends to be an issue.

Road surface also makes a huge difference, especially on concrete surfaces, where I have found continentals to be better.

Have found the falkens the best all rounder, and improve tramlining I have had with other tyres, and the continentals are far worse for tramlining.

So it is going to be a compromise given the variability of UK roads.

• Like 1

I had really cheap tyres on the BMW, they were quiet and as I don't drive everywhere at 100mph anymore, grip was acceptable.

The Pirellis I have now are much noisier but it could just seem it because everything else is quieter.

Strangely enough I fitted continentals to my wife's IS250 and she says they are quiet to.

Maybe I will try these on my GS next change over.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links