Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hazards Have Got A Mind Of Their Own

parked my 430 on the drive at 4pm

8pm neighbour informs me that my hazards have been on for the past hour!

strange i thought knowing that i hadn't left them on for all that time

went outside and sure enough they were on????????

tried turning them off with the hazard switch...no still on

disconnect and re connect the Battery....still on

anyone got any ideas?

.... maybe this heat today has upset summat ............... going to get hotter next week !

Mine sometimes just sets the alarm off in too much heat.

Malc

In the past, I've found that strange electrical goings-on have pointed to low voltage in the Battery. Once had a similar problem with electric windows on a Rover Sterling (Honda V6). I replaced the Battery and voila! -no more misbehaving windows. It was a bit of a puzzler because the car would start fine.

update!

disconnected wiring at the back of the switch and they are still flashing

called out greenflag...very nice chap... but he couldn't solve the problem.

so that I can connect the Battery and lock the car I have removed the fuse...but that leaves me with no indicators.

interesting about the Battery 'Titch LS'!

as you say everything else works ok

How low does the Battery have to be to cause this type of problem?

managed to get a wiring diagram although it doesn't make much sense to me!

sometime ago I remember reading a post that mentioned an electronics guru at one of the lexus dealers

if anyone can come up with his name and the dealership it might be worthwhile taking the car there

• 1 month later...

temporarily sealing around the sunroof has cured it !

the water was running inside the door frame and dripping through the rh side of the dash

where the switches for mirrors etc are!!

From previous cars, always found water dripping down the inside to be the result of blocked drain pipes.

Sunroofs as far as i know always let water in, which is why they have drains at all four corners.

From previous cars, always found water dripping down the inside to be the result of blocked drain pipes.

Sunroofs as far as i know always let water in, which is why they have drains at all four corners.

Agreed, does sound like one or more of the drains is blocked. Not an uncommon problem.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links