Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2006 Gs450 H Check Pcs System + Warning Trainagle Light

Dear Forum Members,

I bought the used 2006 Lexus 148,000 miles few days ago now when driving its showing on the dash check PCS system.

I took it to the local garage they plugged in Techstream and said they are no faults are recorded.

I called today Lexus Oxford, Lexus Reading and they said they will start
with the initial diagnostic diagnostic using the Lexus software and
will then proceed further according to the trouble codes.

I told them that as the local garage have used Techstream were unable to
find any trouble code, after that they said that they have to start
with the initial diagnostic and will charge me for that and after that
they will they how many more hours are need for checking , its
ridiculous .

Any help from the forum members regarding

1) Check PCS System.

2) Any idea how can I check the health of the Hybrid Battery as Battery bars are charging and discharging too quickly.

Thanks in advance

Mazi

Can't help on the PCS but the hybrid Battery does seem to charge and discharge quickly.

When the gauge shows three purple bars (completely discharged) the Battery is still at 65% and when it's fully charged it's at 80%. This is because between 65 and 80% is considered ideal.

I too, was concerned when I bought mine but the health check showed it to be OK. You can have a health check done quite cheaply at the dealers and it is part of all services.

Thanks all for the replying.

CHECK PCS SYSTEM

CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM

Today I checked with tech stream and these codes were showing.

1) B2282 Vehicle Speed Signal (Cable does not match to BEAN- Information)

2) DTC P0A7F HYBRID Battery PACK DETERIORATION ( I cheked with techstream and two cells are showing volatge of 14.63 V while rest are ranging from 15.1 V to 15.73 V)

Any one seen these codes before on GS450 h and where to look at.

Can we replace GS 450h Battery cells with the prius hybrid Battery cells.?

Thanks in advance.

Mazi

You cannot replace the cell with ones from a Prius, they are different. However the Battery packs can be recovered, either by conditioning the cells and/or cleaning up all the connectors.

Here is one example where a member has had work done on their Battery pack:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/99506-lexus-gs450h-hybridtraction-battery/

The B2282 is strange unless somebody has been tampering with the speed signal wiring to the instrument cluster - maybe to try and circumvent safety features that don't allow functions to be used whilst the vehicle is moving. I'd clear the error and see if it comes back first, just to make sure it wasn't a one off transient error.

Thanks Collin for the reply

I cleared the B2282 and driving the car , checked again and no more B2282 thanks for that,

Today I cheked driver side front shock is leaking badly and have oredered a new one from Lexus, will be belivered on Wednesday,

Just wondering CHECK PCS warning light can be due to the leaking shock.

Also please as I am new to Lexus can some one answer my few queries queries.

1) As CHECK Hybrid System light is ON alsong with warning triangle, using Techstream it showed one cell is weak , can we replace it with the cell from the Prius Hybrid as they are same and has anyone tried replacing prius cell in the lexus hybris Battery.

2) When I start the car amd accelearte the moment I go in between 18Miles to 20 Miles CHECK PCS light appears.

3) Its due for the fuel pipe recall , Is there a way to check whether previous recalls have been done

Thanks in advance.

Today I cheked driver side front shock is leaking badly and have oredered a new one from Lexus, will be belivered on Wednesday,

Just wondering CHECK PCS warning light can be due to the leaking shock.

I'd say the two are not related.

The most common cause for Check PCS is a faulty radar module. Are you able to use the radar controlled cruise control function?

Thanks Colin for the reply.

When press the button Radar Ready appears on the dash and I can change between the three settings the moment I accelerate above 18 MPH Check PCS system appears.

Today I drove about 3 to 4 miles less than 10 Miles and no light but the moment i throttled and crossed above 18MPH warning appeared.

As being a newbie to Lexus does it means that PCS braking system has malfunctioned?

I have booked my Car for PCS sytem diagnoistic, Hybrid check and in the mid next week.

I will try to swich the PCS sytem using the ON/OFF switch to sy might it helps.

Thanks again Collin.

I have booked it with Lexus in the next week.

I the meantime is there abt way to switch off the PCS

System.

I searched the forum and was of the view that on the front

driver side underneath the steering,close to the tyre pressure

monitoring switch , there is a ON/OFF button but unfortunately

cannot find the switch.

Also if some one can confirm if front Lexus logo is part if the radar unit it it can be purchased separately.

On close look I found that it's cracked. Also any one experienced PCS warning light

due to cracked Lexus logo on the front grille.

Any one can give idea about the price of the front Lexus emblem logo and the radar behind it.

Just wondering is there any way to completely disable the PCS system?

I have checked underneath the steering for the button but there is no button for PCS might be not is this model. I found one button for TPMS.

Inputs from senior members and experienced GS 450h SE-L users will be highly appreciated.

Just wondering is there any way to completely disable the PCS system?

I have checked underneath the steering for the button but there is no button for PCS might be not is this model. I found one button for TPMS.

Inputs from senior members and experienced GS 450h SE-L users will be highly appreciated.

No, there isn't a switch or anything on the GS450h which allows turning off/disabling of the PCS system. afaik that system is integral to so many other of the systems that turning pcs is ismply not that straightforward.

hth

Thanks for clarification.

Buts when I checked the price of the parts have to me changed are close to 60% of value of what I paid and still not sure whether it will resove the problem.

I got the prices of the from Lexus as follows

LASER SENSOR L88210-30080 £3927.86+VAT = £4713.43

lEXUS BADGE L53141-30040 £ 408.45 +VAT = £ 490.13

Total = £5203.56

Is it worth spending this moey and still not sure even after spending this amount the problem will be resolved.

Any suggestions will be welcomed and there must be a cheaper / easier solution to avoid spending this amount of money.

Thanks for clarification.

Buts when I checked the price of the parts have to me changed are close to 60% of value of what I paid and still not sure whether it will resove the problem.

I got the prices of the from Lexus as follows

LASER SENSOR L88210-30080 £3927.86+VAT = £4713.43

lEXUS BADGE L53141-30040 £ 408.45 +VAT = £ 490.13

Total = £5203.56

Is it worth spending this moey and still not sure even after spending this amount the problem will be resolved.

Any suggestions will be welcomed and there must be a cheaper / easier solution to avoid spending this amount of money.

ouch at those prices!

I don't have any further suggestions for you - a Lexus dealer to get a diagnosis is probably the best/only option before even considering spending that type of money. systems in these cars are quite complex and when they go wrong are not cheap to fix. Still the parts you quote may not be the cause - first job surely is to find out exactly what the problem is?.

Good luck and let us know how you get on..

Thanks Robert for the info.

Anyone has idea because today a new light appeared

T/M Error and the Warning triangle

Any advice / suggestions will be welcomed.

Thanks

Maz

Just a point have you checked the plug maybe it needs to be pulled out and reinserted as it looks like its hit something at sometime

just my two penworth

• Like 1

the one on the sensor at back of grill but i havnt got a 450h I was just wondering that if it has had a clout it may be dislodged

worth a try surely

robert

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links