Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth Hands Free Kit - Issue With My Is300h

Hi guys.

I used to own a BMW 320d and the hands free Bluetooth kit was grand.

I have switched to a Lexus IS300H - and the hand free Bluetooth installed in this car is poor.

Everybody who I speak to says my voice is very poor and they always struggle to hear/understand me. This is when I have full signal too.

Anything I can do to fix it?

I'd speak to your dealer to make sure the mic is installed correctly. I've not had the same complaints with my 300H so I assume the system is good, unlike my old 400h where I use to get similar comments.

Couple of things to check

1) What phone are you using? I found some android phones better than others, probably to do with the Bluetooth version integration in the phone. Is it one which Lexus have tested/approve?

2) Is the software in the car on the latest version - I did suffer from echo's (reported by people at the other end, now gone on later versions)

3) Can you reduce the transmission volume when on a call? I used to try and reduce the outgoing volume by -2 which helped a bit.

• 8 months later...

Just wondered if you got your Bluetooth quality fixed. I've had my new IS a week now and the Bluetooth quality is awful to the point of driving me mad. People are giving up on conversations for me. I'm using an Iphone 6 and have heard a rumour that android phones work better ?? 

The dealer says they will look at it if I book it in, but wanted to check how you got on

Mine is the worst Bluetooth connection I've ever had, just the same as the OP, but the phone (Iphone 5s) works on Mrs Baxlin's Skoda, and her 4s and my old faithful Nokia 6310 work on the Lexus.  So there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

Sound quality wise mine is perfect, people don't know I'm in the car.  My Boss's 320D is horrendus, really bad quality.

When I first got my IS, I was having disconnect issues (Xperia Z3 android phone), however my phone broke and I borrowed my wife's old Blackberry, no problems.  Got a replacement Z3 from Sony under warranty and never had an issue since (The first z3 never had a problem in my previous car).  I have no idea how these things work but have you tried a different phone? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links