Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys

You know if someone has an accident and it wasnt their fault, it was the fault of the drunken driver who hit my parked car, and a few more minutes I would have put my little 2 year old girl in the car, why would my premium go up and also does go up by much??

Thanks

Premiums go up each year. I always have a good look round to see if I can get a better price. How much was the old premium and what are they asking for this time. Did you get your excess back on the accident? if not they wont treat the incident as a non fault accident. Mike.

Hi

Old premium was £455 and i haven't got the excess back yet

You dont say how much it has gone up by. How long ago was the crunch and have you had your car repaired? Mike.

Vauge or what? Don't fully understand what you're rant is.

Insurance goes up every year, shop around.

Insurance goes up when you have an accident, shop around.

Did you have protected no-claims?

Etc, etc.

Yes i have protected ncb but my rant is why does my premium have to go when the accident wasn't even my fault? My insurance came down every year but in January I was told it will go up as my car was involed in an accident that was the third parties fault

We've had this one before and IIRC the excuse given by insurance companies is that it you have been involved in an accident even as in your case the car was parked you are apparently more likely to have more in the near future hence the premium hike.

Absolutely crazy I know but that is their stance on non fault accidents,surely if we are penalised in this way the guilty party should be made to pay the difference in the premium.

Does away with the idea that having insurance should put you back in the same position as you were before the accident.

Hi guys

You know if someone has an accident and it wasnt their fault, it was the fault of the drunken driver who hit my parked car, and a few more minutes I would have put my little 2 year old girl in the car, why would my premium go up and also does go up by much??

Thanks

How much and was any reason given for the rise??

All the woman from the insurance company said was when it comes to renewing the insurance the premium may go up even though this accident is not your fault

We've had this one before and IIRC the excuse given by insurance companies is that it you have been involved in an accident even as in your case the car was parked you are apparently more likely to have more in the near future hence the premium hike.

Absolutely crazy I know but that is their stance on non fault accidents,surely if we are penalised in this way the guilty party should be made to pay the difference in the premium.

Does away with the idea that having insurance should put you back in the same position as you were before the accident.

Sue the person who ramed you in order to recover all of your uninsured losses is your only recourse.

The actuaries deal in stats not you as a person so .... rant away mate but get down the small claims court after - don't forget to claim for that time as well.

Good luck

Bren

The only problem with the legal cover that comes with your policy is the insurance company will not care about you only their liabilities. They will not care that your premium goes up - also PNCB is almost fraud because the discount is applied after they set the premium :)

Alway buy your legal insurance seperately so it is for you not your policy - this sounds a litte daft but think about this. You have a crash your car is bent and you are injured so need to persue a personal injury claim will the legal protection help? Probably not because the insurer is only interested in its liability that is assciated with the car i.e. getting that fixed so making sure you have a lawyer to take care of that. They will not care about your compo for aan injury.

I often quote Honest John and this is one of his best pieces of advice - also it is cheaper than when you buy it with your car insurance.

Good luck and I hope I am wrong.

Bren

It is called no claims discount not no accident discount, I might ask them first what no claims discount you will be entitled to next year?. I was told by a friend that their premium went up because of an accident they reported to the insurance company, even though there was no claim, they organised and paid for the repair themselves. Honesty obviously not the best policy when it comes to insurance companies

• Like 1

It is called no claims discount not no accident discount, I might ask them first what no claims discount you will be entitled to next year?. I was told by a friend that their premium went up because of an accident they reported to the insurance company, even though there was no claim, they organised and paid for the repair themselves. Honesty obviously not the best policy when it comes to insurance companies

Whose fault was there accident? Mike.

The third parties fault. He was drunk, the police were chasing him and he hit my parked vehicle

I would make sure that the insurance company knows the the party to blames insurance co paid up in full you might find then they take a different tack. Mike.

Whose fault was there accident? Mike.

My friend's car was parked, it was the other party's fault.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links