Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time To Say Goodbye :(

Hello guys,

Unfortunately it's time to part ways with the ISF. I've reluctantly chosen to sell it to fund other projects and also get an estate car which would suit my lifestyle a bit more.

I don't need to tell you guys how much fun these cars are, and is without a doubt the most enjoyable, all round great car I've ever owned. I still find myself turning back to admire it, after I've parked.

I'll be very sorry to see it go, but needs must... and there are plenty other boxes I need to tick on my bucket list.

It's a shame I didn't get to meet up with any of you guys before.

Cheers

Neil

That's a shame. M5 estate next? All the best

I had been thinking either a C55 or E55 estate, but I've decided to go for something a little cheaper, like a Legacy GT Spec B (or even a Volvo 850R if I can find one), which would give more spare cash for other projects and holidays. I'll be able to upgrade a few bits on my track car and I'm also planning to get an M35A2 army truck, which I'd like to convert into a camper inside, whilst retaining the standard looks from the outside.

Anyway, cheers for the comments :)

I tried two Legacy Spec Bs back in the day when they were a serious option for my next car. Mostly I liked them a lot, but I wasn't keen on the automatic gearbox. The manual was much better. Also the seats were quite flat and covered in shiny leather so I had to hang on tight when going fast round corners.

I expect it would be as reliable as the 5 Subarus I have owned.

I test drove a 3.0R Spec B a few weeks ago. For the most part the car was very nice and practical, the ride/handling was better than expected, but I just found the performance to be completely lackluster. It was an auto, so that didn't help, and also driving there in the ISF obviously skews your performance perspective, but it really felt dull. I'm hoping a manual, 2L GT turbo, would have a bit more umph. I'm not expecting it to compete with the ISF, but a it's got to have a bit of gusto.

I have gone for a 335d touring F31, it has Xdrive as standard. 0-60 in the 4's and realistic early to mid 40's mpg, I know it's a BMW, but it would do everything you wanted and be more than fast enough! The conundrum I have gone through is similar to yours and this is where I ended up after looking at all options.

It is on paper 4.7 for saloon and 4.8 for the touring, but reading on the forums a guy V-boxed his touring and using the launch control achieved a 4.4

Stonking stuff and the main reason I went for this to be honest as I really didn't want a BMW or an estate hahaha

That kind of pace along with low to mid 40 mpg, cant be too bad, I guess I will miss the soundtrack though!

I had considered the Audi S4, but I've not been a big proponent of the more modern Audi's; I'm usually giving them stick at work, so I'd never live it down if I bought one.

The F31 BMW is substantially beyond the budget I'm working to. I was thinking about an E60 545 as an option (if I can find one)

It looks like I'm erring towards a Volvo V70R AWD. I really fancy the five pot, as they sound fantastic

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links