Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Softer Suspension - Isf

Hi guys,

I've been the owner of an ISF for about 2 months now and absolutely love it. However, it does seem to ride on the "holy moly" side of firm on some of the roads round here! It's a 2008 model, so way before Lexus started softening everything up.

The car will never see a track day (got something else for that), so any suggestions on how to make it softer would be appreciated! There seems to be a lot of info out there on making it a total track weapon, but not much going the other way...

...or should I just man-up a bit?

Topic moved to ISF to promote a better response rate.

I would be surprised if there was a soft spring option available for the ISF it is after all a sports car, either man up or put a cushion under your a**e :)

You will struggle to make is softer to the point you will feel it's money well spent in my opinion. Generally springs and coilovers are stiffer and ride height adjustable than stock. It's other components such and bushes and shocks that may help but again I wouldn't bother. If you are going to track the cat I would just leave it alone.

I'd be interested to see how a 2010 rides in comparison in a back to back drive over the same piece of road.

Stu

You could always take long test drives in some alternatives to see how good the IS-F really is. I understand some of the S-Line Audis or M-Sport BMWs are truly appalling and will make the IS-F feel like a magic carpet.

Agreed MNMJ.. had M3 and m sports and audi s lines.. my ISF is better then the M3 and drives similar in stiffness to the s line and m sports with 18's.. overall ISF drives much better.. ive had mine since May Mrfurnex, u get used to it.. Brum is the worst for pot holes and i still manage to avoid them, and enjoy.

The suspension in my Citroen DS3 was harder than the IS-F. I agree that you get used to it.

Mine has been to a few european countries this year (France, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany) and the cruising comfort is incredible

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links