Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heeo there my name is luke and ive had the isf a fiew weeks now and love the motor. It is pearl white on 42000 miles and got warantee witch is a bonus. Ill try and get some photos later of it but just wanted to say hello for now.

Welcome Luke :)

Congrats on the 'F'. Great cars.

Hopefully see you at some of the meets etc.

Probably about time we did another Bluewater meet? Might start a thread in the events section to see if people want to meet up.

Any plans for the car? Appreciate it's probably a bit early to tell, but with your car history, seems you like to modify motors like me! ;)

Look forward to seeing some photos when you get time.

Cheers.

Pete :)

Cheers pete, yes i will be up for a meet sounds good. I have already done a k&n intake and probly a map by rebellion at some point, want to do back box mod aswell but all in good time

Hi Luke and welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over. Regards Mike.

Sounds good Luke.

You can have a good look round mine at the meet. ;)

Think I have the most modified IS-F in the Country, if not Europe! :)

The Hayward & Scott exhaust systems are brilliant! Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Maybe Stu on here can setup a meet thread for us? Know he likes doing them! ;)

Welcome buddy.. made a good choice with the colour ;)

Mine has finally been put on the Autotrader :(

I been reading alot into remaping on iSFs, and i dont think you can, i believe the addional ponys come from add ons, so if there is a remap available do let us know. Even though im selling mine it would be good to know for when i do get another some point in the near future.

Hey Luke.. did u start the thread about this reg in july?

I believe the only remapping that has been achieved was through the company Novel in Japan?

There is a chap in Australia that races an IS-F who has sponsorship from Novel and FIGS engineering. He had a remapped JDM ECU sent to him from Taku at Novel I believe?

I'm speaking with Taku about this at the moment as it happens. Hopefully our ECU is a lot closer, if not identical to the JDM ones. The US ECU is different, hence they haven't been able to get this yet.

The theory will be you can order a remapped ECU from Novel, then do a straight swap with your OEM one. That way you have the option of swapping it back if you ever decide to sell the car. :)

I'll let you guys know when I know more, but I agree there are no tuning solutions in the UK mapping wise that I am aware of.

Cheers.

Pete :)

That's interesting then Luke. :)

Let me know if you ever decide to give them a try mate. Be interesting to see the gains on say my car or Stu's (we both have the H&S exhausts fitted). Hoping I can afford to get my headers done next year. :)

Should get me close if not just over the 500HP mark if I can get the ECU re-mapped.

• Like 1

Might be worth getting your car dyno'd first for comparison purposes Luke?

As we found from the other dyno days we've done, doubt you're getting the factory suggested 417HP at the moment. ;)

I'm thinking of going back to Eurospec for another run one Saturday in the near future. Just want to see how much it's improved with my H&S exhaust and lighter wheels (rotational mass should be less even with the slightly larger Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires).

Maybe you can come along for that?

They are over in Guildford in Surrey. Not too far from you. We did one dyno day at AMD in Thurrock, and they were awful! :( Didn't have a clue how to do our cars!

The guys at Eurospec are really nice and good to deal with. :)

Just an idea chap. :)

Doubt it would be a dyno day as such Luke. Not unless some other new owners wanted to see what their cars do on the rollers?

Guessing the group I did the other dyno days with won't want another one (they haven't modified or changed their cars since)?

Happy to speak to Eurospec if we have a few of us though??

If not, could just be the two of us, plus anyone else that is there for dyno runs?

Sods law! Lol.

Just as I hit submit, Stuart posts he would be up for a dyno day as well! Lol. ;)

Cool. So that's 3 of us then? Anyone else fancy it??

Think we need at least 5 or possibly 10 cars to get a discount? Will have to ask Stuno1 as he organised the last one. :)

Id be intrested if i still have mine, would like to see the difference between your mods v my stock

Pete, how much bhp is yours on atm? (And whats mods have u done mechanically)

Not sure on mine at the moment. Got the H&S exhaust with the secondary cats removed. Only other engine mod is the RR-Racing air/oil separator. That stops oil being ingested via the intake manifold.

With a set of PPE or Novel headers, the exhaust, and a re-mapped ECU, should be close to 500 based on what the guy in Australia got. :)

Interesting thing about the last dyno day we did was how the 2010+ owners got better results. Seems Lexus may have done more than just handling improvements.

Be good to get another run done now the exhaust has bedded in. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links