Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Power!

Mr Singh

Lastnight i was severly hacked off my cousin left me in his S3 :o I want more POWER!

Conditions were wet, back end was dying for traction, engine was cold.. so i guess i was disadvantaged there..

Fuel consumption still worrys me, i reach half a tank on about 130miles using optimax. Whats that in mpg?

TDI do turbo kit for around £1800+ fitting.. Supercharger would be better as i wouldn't suffer from lag and massive increase in fuel consumption :crybaby:

This cars gonna be the end of me :P

TDI do turbo kit for around £1800+ fitting.. Supercharger would be better as i wouldn't suffer from lag and massive increase in fuel consumption :crybaby:

This cars gonna be the end of me :P

Turbo won't make it that bad on fuel. On my old MR2 turbo (basically the same engine as your car) I averaged around 27mpg, which is more than you are getting!

Blimey! 27mpg sounds awesome to me :)

Well, what ever gives me better performance to price ratio i suppose.. i have company van i drive daily, altezzas just a toy :lol:

I'll have to look into the cost of fitting, that will be a killer i bet :crying:

A turbo kit for £1800?? Thats good, normally Blitz and HKS turbo kits are pushing the £6k mark!!

Superchargers are normally about £3k.....

Go on, you know you want to!!

Scott,

Taken from Tdi-plcs website,

Stage 7 upgrade:

HKS Turbo kit. This kit gives an extra 22% power and 14% torque over the standard vehicle. £1,800.00

http://www.tdi-plc.com/altezza.html

I would recommend you speak with TDI about this. You may find you need some of the previous stages for it to work. For example stage 5 is a fuel computer which is used to set the correct fuelling, that may be required.

I thought the very same things after reading about some convertions done in japan and in the US..

Exhaust and induction kit are on my list of things to do, should give me little better response in lower rev range.

Just pointing out something.

Turbochargers are generally more fuel efficient than superchargers and lag really isn't that big a deal anymore so if you are already experiencing poor fuel consumption I'd suggest a Turbocharger.

I'm with the rest though.. go for it.

BTW... Is your RS Auto or Manual?

Just pointing out something.

Turbochargers are generally more fuel efficient than superchargers and lag really isn't that big a deal anymore so if you are already experiencing poor fuel consumption I'd suggest a Turbocharger.

I'm with the rest though.. go for it.

BTW... Is your RS Auto or Manual?

Its manual.

Turbo it is then.. dunno how i'm gonna pay for it though :unsure:

lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links