Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Crap... damaged it with a kerb

Can't sleep anymore because of it. I want to fix it myself as it will help me relax.

Should I sand it, then use the Halford David Isopon bumper filler, prime it and then paint it? Can I find rattle can paint that can match the color of the car ? does Halford custom make can paint ?

smart repair outfits probably will do it for less than you imagine....

I would rather take it to them than spend money on stuff and not be guaranteed as good a result as a pro can do.

• Like 1

pictures attached. The first one I can put my finger inside the damaged area. picture doesn't show it at night time. second picture shows the damage which is like a damaged done using a hacksaw.

post-53425-0-80020500-1440286455_thumb.j

post-53425-0-02713500-1440287005_thumb.j

Showed it to a "smart repair" and he said he won't do a smart repair and do the whole bumper for 200.

If I am doing the whole bumper personally I would prefer it done to lexus standards. So my best option now is to try what I can do myself and if it looks ugly get the whole thing done when I feel in a rich mood. And I don't feel that.

Also found out 4T5 paint isn't available from Halford.... the smart repair shop said the paint isn't off the shelf...

Any decent bodyshop Should be able to blend the paint in after a snall repair, cant see it being more then a 100£ job.. well in brum i had a similar job done on my old Merc for £70

I was hoping that as well but the guy said he won't touch it. .. Said there chip marks so get the whole thing done. I mean he is right there but if I am painting the whole thing I am doing it to lexus spec and nothing less. His other valid point was that the paint is not off the shelf and is expensive. so buying just for touch up won't do him good and I think that's his reason. He won't make money off me just for "smart repair". My other option is to first get some paint then find a local to do the touch up job. I don't know the quality of that can be better than my own hand... not saying I have done this before... just I am willing to put more elbow grease and spend lots of time. But that can either end in pro work or a disaster.

I'LL Google and see if I can find a professorial who does quality work and convince him to get it repaired.

If I am doing the whole bumper personally I would prefer it done to lexus standards.

Unless you are going to ship it back to Japan for some factory work there isn't such a thing as Lexus standards - other than using the methods defined in the bodywork workshop manuals.

Most dealers don't have a bodyshop, they just sub out the work to a local outfit. Cheaper to just find that local outfit yourself.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links