Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3rd And Quite Possibly Last Lexus

Hi all,

Just an update to the long standing issue of the tyre pressure warning system light on the dash. Lexus have today announced that they have got to the bottom of it and it is ECU related. Cost = £900 odd.

To say I am shocked would be an understatement. It is a 2009 car (so not old by any means) that had a full Lexus service history. I only bought it 18 months ago and have spent a total of £1779.56 on one thing and another for it. That figure does not include the most recent bill which I will be receiving tomorrow so getting on to 3 grand when that comes in.

I never thought I would say this but my faith with Lexus and the whole brand and reliability is rock bottom. I bet if I bought an 15 year old Ford I wouldn't have had to fork out the kind of money that I have in the past 18 months or so. Disappointed.

• Like 1

Forget the Lexus Warranty. Instead use the 'The Sale of Good Act' which as it appears to be an inherent fault requires the dealer or finance company to put it right at no cost to you. In other words (& as this a safety item) 'its not fit for purpose'

Hi all,

Just an update to the long standing issue of the tyre pressure warning system light on the dash. Lexus have today announced that they have got to the bottom of it and it is ECU related. Cost = £900 odd.

To say I am shocked would be an understatement. It is a 2009 car (so not old by any means) that had a full Lexus service history. I only bought it 18 months ago and have spent a total of £1779.56 on one thing and another for it. That figure does not include the most recent bill which I will be receiving tomorrow so getting on to 3 grand when that comes in.

%

Forget the Lexus Warranty. Instead use the 'The Sale of Good Act' which as it appears to be an inherent fault requires the dealer or finance company to put it right at no cost to you. In other words (& as this a safety item) 'its not fit for purpose'

I doubt if Sale of Goods Act would be of any use after 18 months ownership. Should have been rejected as unfit a long time ago.

Just had the car back now and paid my £808 for the new ECU and recoding of the 4 tyre valves. Guess what? Exactly the same warning lights on the dash. What exactly have they been doing with it? They must have checked this before signing it off as fixed surely.

I doubt if Sale of Goods Act would be of any use after 18 months ownership. Should have been rejected as unfit a long time ago.

Depends when the fault manifested itself and just maybe Lexus after many attempts just recently discovered the problem. Also you can claim upto 6 years after the event knowledge of the fault being the deciding factor

Hi Gareth,

Have you considered swapping the wheels with someone's else lexus wheels and recode the sensors just to see if this will cure the problem ? Like i sad in some previous posts it is a shame that some Lexus dealers are treating customers with such high prices that will not even lead to a fixing for the problem.

I had this problem when i bought my Lexus the TC were on and this ended up having new Tyre ECU happily the vendor got it done before i paid up he wanted to knock 200 of and told me to take it to a local dealer to get it done but i said no and walked however he rang me and said he would get it done the cost was £550 and he asked me to go halfs with him but i refused however i bought the car

I would demand to see the manager and if not tell them you are contacting Lexus UK i bet that will gee them up

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links