Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls460 Installing Dab And Filling With Petrol

Just bought a 2007 version. Two questions, any DAB recommends? I'd like to fit a roof aerial and Alpine esi-DAB unit. Any other solutions and people to do the work? I'm in Lincolnshire.

Any tricks to fill it without the the nozzle keep cutting off? At the moment the best position is rotate the nozzle handle towards the passenger door about 90 deg.

Thanks,

Derry.

.... petrol filling never ceases to amaze me ............. I often think there's an air lock that's sometimes trying to find it's way out somewhere ............ in olden days when I was a petrol pump attendant, when I was really broke and young and a teenager, I found that just putting the nozzle in upside down with the trigger handle bottom facing the pump itself, often improved the flow ........ ( when 5* petrol was 6/8d a gallon )

I've found that the trick with mine is to put the nozzle in the hole and let it hang naturally. Then SLOWLY open the trigger until full flow. Having said that, there are some filling stations which have such high pressure flow that it cuts out, no matter what I do. I don't go there again.

Without wishing to get into an audio debate, I'd suggest saving your money and giving DAB a wide berth. The bit-rates are simply too low for acceptable audio quality.

I agree completely. I used a PURE Highway DAB unit in a previous car, it's sat in a cupboard in my garage for several years now, I didn't think it worth installing again, but I was looking forward to getting the IS, which has it OE.

While it's nice to get stations out of area when you can get a signal ( I enjoy Magic, a London station which I can't get on FM near home) I find for national stations, FM sound quality is much deeper, more pleasant to listen to, as well as being more reliable. The DAB signal is very patchy, I dread a full changeover, as has happened with TV

Thanks for the thoughts all.

<Without wishing to get into an audio debate, I'd suggest saving your
money and giving DAB a wide berth. The bit-rates are simply too low for
acceptable audio quality.>

I'm happy with DAB. I've had it at home and in my cars for the last 8 years so know how it sounds. What I miss without it are radio 4 extra, radio 5, radio 6. If you want to know what grim is listen to radio 5 on medium wave.

I'm happy enopugh to fit the DAB head unit and controller if I have to but am really looking for someone to fit the roof aerial. I don't trust myself getting the roof lining back in.

Derry.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links