Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Tax Laws

Steve

Saw an advert last night and from what i could make of it that if you do not tax your car in time without notifying them that your car is off road you will get an instant penalty ... even for late payment.

i guess this is all to do with those new style tax disks

i dont have too much of a problem but i wonder how much leeway they give you

at least it will get rid of the tax dodgers who do not pay up

whats your thoughts on this?

I know someone that sold his car almost a year ago and sent off the slip containing the new owners address of the document

and where the buyer hasn't sent off his bit yet D.V.L.A wont recognize the new owners details until he sends his bit off to them

even shown his bank statements to prove the sale of the car and the receipt,but still getting parking tickets for a car he sold ages ago.

Well, theorecitcally, its a good idea...

Since you cant actually get the tax without an MOT and Insurance document, then hopefully it will cut down on Tax dodgers, insurance dodgers etc..

However, I get the feeling the serial offenders will find a way around the problem, and the ordinary motorist will end up sufferring..

What about cars that aren't registered to the present owner?

then make sure if you sell your car, that YOU send off the Registraion Doc counter part yourself..

The only problem i have on this is the old big brother telling me what i have or have not done..just like when i bought a portable TV as a pressent for someone and then Currys go tell the TV licence bods, and cause i live at home they aint got my name registered for a licence, and they want me to inform who has a licence etc.. BIG BROTHER syndrome man... rant over..

im capable of taxing my own car thank you, i dont need you mr DVLA telling me i have to go do it.

however much good it will do, there will cases of good people being fined for late payment even if they have been on holiday or in hospital etc...

im capable of taxing my own car thank you, i dont need you mr DVLA telling me i have to go do it.

Unfortunatly theres alot that do like my next door neighbour who thinks its ok to drive everyday without tax.

What about dealers then? If you sell your car to them 9 times out of 10 they wont register it as theirs because its another name on the history of owners which could affect value, they will just leave it to the last owner to pick up the bill.

with the latest documents, the new owner only recieves the small slip at the bottom of the page

the seller has to fill in the main portion and send it off

this puts the onus on the seller to either send it off or accept any fines etc:

this also stops the new owners not sending the documents off, and therefore not receiving any fines,

Abolish it & put something on petrol

Then every car has to have a colour coded disc in the windscreen which says if the car is MOT'd and another that says if its insured.

Problem solved the more u drive the more u pay

No discs instant stop wheelclamp & crush of car

too simple for the current band of hand shandy merchants

Abolish it & put something on petrol

Then every car has to have a colour coded disc in the windscreen which says if the car is MOT'd and another that says if its insured.

Problem solved the more u drive the more u pay

No discs instant stop wheelclamp & crush of car

too simple for the current band of hand shandy merchants

but wouldnt that encourage people to drive those economical cars :o

that would be far to sensible :whistling:

JUST ANOTHER STEALTH TAX

Red Ken started the ball rolling with congestion charging even though the people who suffer congestion are the same ones who pay the charge (tax). Red Ken denies it is about raising revenues which roughly translated means it's about raising revenues.

The fining of people immediately for late tax discs is just another way of catching you out. No doubt they're going to state it's not about raising revenues. Roughly translated this means it's about raising revenues.

They're now going to allow traffic wardens to raise cash by fining people for minor traffic infringements such as driving in a bus lane. They've stated it's not about raising revenues which roughly translated means it's about raising revenues.

How does this scale? If you don't pay your tax, get fined 80 quid, pay that; do they then fine you again if you still don't tax it that year? Otherwise it's cheaper to pay the fine than the tax...

Anyway, if I were dodging tax, wouldn't I have registered the car's address with dvla at a burned out property down the East End somewhere, so I'd never even get the letter telling me to pay the fine, never mind pay it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links