Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Custom Settings On The Rx450h That Only A Dealer Can Change?

Hi guys

I just picked up a used RX450h 2010 Premier. I AM LOVING THIS THING! I managed to do 36 MPG in city driving. I know crazy. I dindt expect it to be that much.

Of course all the bells and whistles of the premier version are just amazing. I have a few questions, I hope you guys can help out.

1. The power boot is not working with a remote control. I was hoping it would just work when I press the button. It closes with the remote, but doesnt open. I do get it to open it with the remote, but I would need to open it manually first and then I would be able to close and open it back again with the remote. Is that a setting I can change myself or do I have to take it into Lexus?

2. Is the glove compartment supposed to be soft open? If it is, mine doesnt open up softly. Pressing the button just makes the cover fall hard. May need to get it repaired if ts support to be soft open.

3. How do I change the wiper blade on the rear? Its hidden under the spoiler. How do I access it?

4. Are all premier models supposed to have pre-crash protection? I cannot locate the button to turn it off/on. WHere is this located? I followed the locations in the manual but I cannot find it, unless all premier models DONT have it.

5. I can hear a thud when turning to extreme right. The thud seems to come from the front left wheel. Any ideas what that can be?

May come back with more questions, but I'd really like to get some headway with this stuff first.

Much appreciated.

1) Theres a little switch in the glovebox for the power boot, check it out and see if it makes a difference. Also, try the spare fob to see if that works. If not, may need taking to the dealer.

2) Not paid much notice to it but mine is semi-soft open. Its not too fast and not too slow. Best thing to do is pop into the dealers and check their demo as they all use the same interior bits.

3) You'll need to activate the rear wiper and turn it off when it gets halfway and is completely vertical. You can buy refills or just change the whole blade, its a standard hook type fitting.

4) Im not too sure on the exact specifications of the SEL Premier but if it has Adaptive cruise control, it should have the PCS too. To check if you have adaptive cruise control, look for the button on the steering wheel with a wave coming out of the front. The PCS switch off button should be close to the steering wheel, either where the buttons are to the right of the steering wheel, or, if equipped, where the TPMS reset button is which is further down, near the bonnet opening lever

5) That thud would need checking by a mechanic - sounds like a suspension issue.

• Like 2

1 - as comments above, plus remember to press and hold the button for a second or two for the function to activate.

2 - it should soft open. When the pollen filter is replaced the soft close mechanism is sometimes disconnected - seems to be an oversight by the dealer.

4 - Yes the SE-L Premier should have ACC/PCS and Head up display. Those are the differences between the SE-L and Premier together with a standard fit sunroof. Are you sure you have a Premier and not just an SE-L?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have tried that button in glove compartment and it is a standard open and close button. I have tried unlocking first and then opening the boot by pressing for a few seconds, it doesnt open, just beeps. Once I open it manually, I can use the remote again. Its weird.

Thanks, I will check the soft close mechanism again see if I can spot this.

Still cannot locate the PCS button. Also dont seem to have TPMS function in the car. Absolutely positive it is a Premiere version.

1) Theres a little switch in the glovebox for the power boot, check it out and see if it makes a difference. Also, try the spare fob to see if that works. If not, may need taking to the dealer.

2) Not paid much notice to it but mine is semi-soft open. Its not too fast and not too slow. Best thing to do is pop into the dealers and check their demo as they all use the same interior bits.

3) You'll need to activate the rear wiper and turn it off when it gets halfway and is completely vertical. You can buy refills or just change the whole blade, its a standard hook type fitting.

4) Im not too sure on the exact specifications of the SEL Premier but if it has Adaptive cruise control, it should have the PCS too. To check if you have adaptive cruise control, look for the button on the steering wheel with a wave coming out of the front. The PCS switch off button should be close to the steering wheel, either where the buttons are to the right of the steering wheel, or, if equipped, where the TPMS reset button is which is further down, near the bonnet opening lever

5) That thud would need checking by a mechanic - sounds like a suspension issue.

Absolutely, thats what I did. Pressed for a few seconds to activate and no joy. I can use i once I manually open the boot.

I will check the soft close again to see if I can fix.

Its definitely a Premiere version but I just cannot find the buttons.

1 - as comments above, plus remember to press and hold the button for a second or two for the function to activate.

2 - it should soft open. When the pollen filter is replaced the soft close mechanism is sometimes disconnected - seems to be an oversight by the dealer.

4 - Yes the SE-L Premier should have ACC/PCS and Head up display. Those are the differences between the SE-L and Premier together with a standard fit sunroof. Are you sure you have a Premier and not just an SE-L?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links