Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking For Details Of Specifications

Dim Tim

Hi everyone,

Firstly, many thanks for sharing so much information on here, simply invaluable !

I won't be buying a new one 'cos too many pennies required but I am getting very close to deciding that a CT200 will be my next car (currently a citroen Picasso, stop laughing!) and I want to find out what models have what features.

As an example, I know some have electric seats, usually specified in the adverts but seat memory is not mentioned. Which models have puddle lights or one touch locking and such like

I can't find any grid or comparison chart anywhere on the web. Can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

Thanks for reading.

Of the earlier vehicles:The SEi model has manually adjusted fabric seats, blue tooth and is the base model, the Premier model has all the whistles and bells and is top of the line. from bottom to top the ascension

is approximately as follows:

SEi

SEL

Advance

Sport

Premier

A lot of the earlier models had very unclear definitions such as on the SEL one can find hardly any difference to the SEi apart from leather seats and yet on other early SELs there was sat nav, cruise control, fancy hi fi and a host of other stuff almost to the level of the Premier.

Welcome Tim

This all depends on what age you are considering. At launch, in 2011, there were three grades:

post-3469-0-06809600-1445542420_thumb.pn

Oct 2011 added the F Sport

In 2013 the lineup changed to:

S

SE (old SE-I)

Luxury (old SE-L)

F Sport

Premier (old SE-L Premier)

Hi Tim.

Why don't you tell us what is important to you and we can suggest a trim level that may suit.

My 2013 advance has all that I want

Tahara seats - fake leather but not heated.

Satnav. Built in tomtom

Reversing camera and parking sensors.

Cruise control

Many thanks for your time guys, it is much appreciated.

I spent a week, ok, not a week solid but still a lot of time, reading everything I could find on the web about the CT200. I saw lots of bits and pieces but never any form of chart.

This morning reading your replies I spotted, Colin's reply, "active brake lights" and thought "What the ..."? So I did a search and I stumbled into an online brochure for the CT200 which also contains a chart of specs. The brochure is dated December 2012 and as luck would have it, I will only be able to afford a 2012. Doesn't mention "one touch lock" or "puddle lights" but still ...

Here is a link should others be interested -

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDEQFjAAahUKEwj1lfrx89fIAhVIExoKHe-WBBc&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.teesside.lexus.co.uk%2Fmedia%2F286325%2Fct%2520brochure%2520and%2520specification.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGArbfx9zVbQZkyGFlZ7hUEtxbx3A

The link is a Google link which goes directly to the PDF which is on the website of Teeside Lexus (thanks Teeside) which I can only find by going via Google.

As far as "what do I want", well, I guess I am a bit like a kid in a candy store, I want it all. Probaly won't ever use it but ...

Though I only mentioned Colin above each of you has provided a little bit more to educate me, so thanks to you all.

Tim, do you have a budget in mind?

There is the odd bargain to be had from time to time if you can keep your eyes open. I picked up my 2013 Luxury with Premium Nav cheap, but as a used approved car. It had a very high mileage, but that doesn't bother me, and it came with the usual Lexus warranty. At the time it was cheaper than older cars with a few less miles.

Hi Mikey, Well, under £10,000 would be nice, being on a fixed limited income more than that would be a struggle. I do limited miles now (about 7k to 8k per annum) so a higher mileage car would not be a really major problem so I am scanning all the ads now. As I said in my original post, I am currently driving a Cit Picasso and I feel that it is time to give up the "covered wagon" for maybe a "surrey with a fringe on top". :o

Don't get me wrong, I have had Citroens for about 30 years and they have all served me well (BX19 was quick, could do 80MPH in second gear before the rev counter red-lined, look out boy racers :innocent: ) The current Pic doing an easy 48 MPG.

Hi again Colin, thanks for that. I have to say that the standard of fittings and all the bells and whistles is pretty damn good.

Appreciate any comments on this but it is off topic :-

Does anyone know how the second hand motor trade views Lexus, I mean, are they scared of the hybrid's, do they sell well or generally seen as stones to sell etc ?

in the specification list it states the SE-L has cruise control my 61 plate SE-L didn't have

it fitted as standard,but it can be retro-fitted by yourself or a dealer ,the cost of the parts

is around £130 for the stalk,cover & retaining screw plus about 45 minutes labour.

if you have a look for a member called pidu he has completed a write up on the

fitting and installation of cruise control.

Thanks for the input everybody. Looks like I have found a 2011 premium (or whatever is the correct title) which will cost me around £9,5k with 60K miles. Looks like the whole deal with Mark Levinson etc.

All I have to do now is persuade the missus! :devil:

Don't think that will bw an issue.

Keep fingers crossed.

in the specification list it states the SE-L has cruise control my 61 plate SE-L didn't have

it fitted as standard,but it can be retro-fitted by yourself or a dealer

Lexus are renowned for making mistakes with their information in brochures, press releases and website :(

My earlier posting is more accurate, cruise control is only available on the SE-L with the convenience pack option.

Hi Guys!

I plan to buy a Ct200h. i look forward to more information about the power. I heard despite of the 140hp the car is litle bit slower what most of us expected. What do you think? Any experiences with compare to other veichles?

I found this video:

Hybrid cars are like any other car: there are performance hybrids and there are economy hybrids and there are hybrids that look like one and nearly do the other. The CT isn't a performance car despite its sporty look and it isn't the most economical car despite it being a hybrid.

Its a bit like the Toyota MR2 or Mazda MX5. they look a bit sporty but they really aren't all that quick.

Hi all,

Well, went to drive it today. Wifey was quite happy (PHEW !) and we got it for 9.4k

Definately has all the toys and well pleased are we.

I am quite impressed with the accelleration because it is better than the turbo 1.6 diesel ****roen Picasso, which was faster than the 2.0 turbo diesel Picasso we had before that. Cornering can be done at higher speeds and feels faultless and much more comfortable.

Thanks for all the info, I am one happy bunny :shifty:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links