Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traffic - What Is Going On?

Anybody else think the traffic seems to have fallen off a cliff recently?

My system shows it for a few miles, then says its all good again, to then come back a few miles later. Even when it shows it the quality is really bad.

Been happening for a month or so at least. I've been running google maps on my phone just because it is better but I just don't like the layout so I've actually just bought the new TomTom Go app for my Android phone I'm that hacked off.

Glad I used TomTom today because of the M62 closure because the Lexus System just cannot handle closed roads, it never tells you they are closed.

I've only got the premium nav because it was a no cost option at the time of ordering, but there is probably no reason to fire it up again. TomTom traffic is simply the dogs nuts, oh how I have missed it.

Sorry Lexus, as the theme for most of my threads, great car, shocking infotainment.

• Like 2

Blisteringblue said.......

"I've only got the premium nav because it was a no cost option at the time of ordering"

Sorry to appear dim, but is there a higher level than this then, if so what is it please? Left me wondering what I've got in mine!

totally agree. the graphics look a generation old, the menu is overcomplicated, the mouse is only working hassle free if standing still, when on the road it is a nightmare to operate and the navigation itself just is not 100% reliable. mine tells me to take the exit only to enter the highway immediately after. This Lexus PREMIUM system costs 10 times more than a tomtom and honestly cannot compete at all. it is one of the negative aspects of a good and individual car but it is an opportunity missed. shouldńt there be a tesla like screen in there?

Blisteringblue said......."I've only got the premium nav because it was a no cost option at the time of ordering"Sorry to appear dim, but is there a higher level than this then, if so what is it please? Left me wondering what I've got in mine!

Its the sat nav with the mouse? I'm just saying I would never have bought it as an option, it was a freebie when I ordered car.

360 miles today with TomTom and boy have I missed it the past 18 months. Traffic is instant had the queues down to a matter of feet.

Only down side is 12v not giving my phone enough juice, power going down 10% an hour with Tom Tom on. It is sharing with the dash cam mind you.

I am using the 12v with a chinese special that allows a normal 12V and 2 extra USBs, I will check what it gives out? I need the normal 12v slot for the dashcam. It did charge the phone slowly before I was using the GPS, but won't with tomtom running.

Too much hassle, its one of those DrivePro devices with a big 12v plug? I do have a 12v 2-way adapter that may be better then? I went for the chinese special just because it was neat and tidy and I didn't need to take up all the console storage with cables and adapters.

It's similar to this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-1X-Dual-2-USB-Ports-Car-Adapter-Charger-With-Cigarette-Lighter-Socket-DC-12V-/131673521218?hash=item1ea85a7c42:g:t3QAAOSwcnpToVK6

If I read the specs right I am giving up a bit of the 1200mah from the 12v in using it, so I will see if there is something better.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links